Replies to my Posts

Why am I getting sent links to posts I’ve never looked at but not being notified of replies to my own posts. I have to go searching the threads to find if I’ve had any. This is frustrating and ridiculous. Surely the point of the forum is for the like minded to make contact. Searching the site is not easy either, definitely not intuitive.

Helen x

@Lancashire Lass  - I’m not a moderator but I wanted to reply and say I sympathise with your question. I’m going to tag @Jill1998  who is great at explaining how this forum works in case she can help further.

I’ll also try and help a bit. There is a box to the right of the subject box in every message with the words “email me when someone replies” next to it. If you would like email notifications whenever someone replies then you need to tick this box, it should go blue with a white tick in it.

You can also manage other settings on each board. You need to click on “options” at the top left - there are some options that manage the whole of that board and then each sub board has further options. I’m afraid I’m not the best at technology so I won’t try to go much further than that, but I hope it at least gives you a start.

If you have done all this and you are not getting notifications then that means there must be a fault somewhere along the line and best to speak to the moderators.

My very best wishes, Evie xx

Hi @Lancashire Lass , can you send us examples of links to posts you’ve never looked at that you’re getting sent? Are you receiving emails or notifications in the top right of your screen?

You can forward anything you have to moderator@breastcancernow.org, and mark it for my attention.

We can look into this for you.

Bernard