cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email re new live chat service

40 REPLIES 40
Anna_BCC

Re: Email re new live chat service

Bevlaar - we have been testing the new system with various mobile and tablet devices and so far all have been successful. 

Belinda - I hope to be sending out confirmation emails today but am waiting on the last testing bits and pieces to be completed so that I can also include and confirm the launch date.

I will also be posting on the forum with all the details for everyone to share, how to register and user guide.  All personal and private detials will of course only be shared with each individual concerned.

Best wishes

Anna

belinda

Hi, I haven't received an email back yet, a confirmation email, but is it too soon to expect one yet? Thanks.
June_BCC

Hi Bevlar

I'm not sure, I'll find out and let you know.

Best wishes

June

Bevlaar

Moderators...will i be able to use live chat with my Samsung galaxy tablet? xx
2catlady

Thanks ,June xxx I'll pop in xx
June_BCC

Hi 2catlady

Livechat is a Private chatroom where you can chat to other users about almost anything you want, the great thing about it is it's live so you can reply to each other immediately. It's a great place to discuss everyday events, treatments, how you are feeling, get support and give support.

There is always a BCC moderator and a BCC Nurse present in the room to help in any way we can.  Please come along and join us on Tuesday evening if you want to have a look at it.  You don't have to stay for the whole hour if you don't want to, you can just pop in and say hello, we will be pleased to see you.

Best wishes

June, moderator

2catlady

I know this may be a silly question but what happens on live chat? I've never been on before as I've always been an iPad user. Xx
June_BCC

Hi Lulu

So pleased you will be able to join us on Tuesday, we are all looking forward to it.

Take care and talk on tuesday evening, 

June, moderator

Lulu34

I'll be able to login with my iPad.... So looking forward to this as that's always been the draw back!

There will probably be too many users this week! LOL
Anna_BCC

Hi Everyone

It is wonderful to read about the interest in our new software for our Live Chat service.  We will be confirming the launch date very soon, but need to wait until all the testing has been competed so that we can iron out any bugs first.

To register for the Live Chat whether you are an existing user or a new user, please email moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk with you username and a password you would like to use.  Unfortunately this new system does not allow users to register themselves it has to come through us, here at HQ!  When this is done you will recieve an email confirming your login details.  A user guide will be posted online for you all to see and reference though it is really very easy and straightforward.

I look forward to getting all the emails!!

Best wishes

Anna

Forum Coordinator

2catlady

Hi,jo ,how do I send you an email so I can't set my iPad up. Sorry for being a dope I'm useless with computers.
Thank you xxxxx
LemonDrizzle

Thanks Jo, I will have a go using my iPad over the weekend.
LD
Bevlaar

Hahaha...i don't have any Crocs sorry....flipflops???
Jo_BCC

Hi LemonDrizzle,

It's for all users, as we will be using some new software.  It will just make it quicker for you to long on if you've already set up your account with us, but if you wish to wait and set it up later then that's not a problem.

Hope that answers your question.  Smiley Happy

Jo, Moderator

LemonDrizzle

Jo, does your post about setting up an account next week apply to previous users only, or newbies too? Sorry for asking what is probably a silly question.
LD x
belinda

Thanks, is it ok for tablet users next week? I only have a tablet at home.
Oh silly me, edited to say ignore me, the answer to my question is further down the thread. 🙂
Jo_BCC

Hi ladies,

If any of you would like your account setting up prior to next week when our new Live Chat service starts, please send an email to: moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk with your forum user name and a password.  I'm sure our Forum Coordinator, Anna and the team will be only too happy to do this for you.

We're all looking forward to having more regular users to the Live Chat service.

Kind regards,

Jo, Moderator

Chocolates

Ladies - definitely because you have crocs - how odd is that!!! Seriously, if you have never registered before for live chat then I don't think you will have an email. If you go onto the forums home page there should be a tab which says live chat. If you click it I think you'll be asked to register. I think once you register then that should prompt the email but of course I could be very wrong here. If I am then totally ignore me and I'll go back into hiding. Xxx
2catlady

Lol Belinda ,oh no I'll have to decorate my crocs xxx
belinda

Hi Helen, I haven't either, just worked out why, we are Crocs owners. 🙂 If Bev is a Croc wearer too that is.
Obviously a dress code.
Hope you had a good time. X
2catlady

I haven't got any email:(
Bevlaar

I havent had an email regarding passwords.Can we still use our own or is there now a dedicated one for live chat?
LemonDrizzle

Being able to join in using my iPad sounds great - will have to read posts again (and again probably!) so I can work out how to participate. Hopefully it's not too difficult.
LD x
Lucy_BCC

Hi chocolates

Anyone can send in their details as I have suggested in the post below, here's a copy of the email so everyone can see what we have sent out, hope that helps

Thanks
Lucy

Dear *********

I am so happy and excited to let you know that we are launching our new Live Chat service very soon. In order to make this transition as seamless as possible for all our users your new account will be set up and ready for you. To enable this to happen I would like to confirm the following information.

Username ************
Password Please let me know which password you would like to have for this account.

Once this has been done you will be sent an email confirming the details as well as a short user guide.

You will continue to access the Live Chat via the link on either the website or forum, you will then be asked to sign in with your username and password. After that you will be in and ready to chat!

Best wishes
Anna

Chocolates

Lucy - you beat me to it. When are bcc going to tell everyone about the changes - would be nice to start telling everyone so they can try and join in.
Chocolates

Lynn - did you get an email about setting up a password? Perhaps a moderator will pop along and help you a bit more. It would be lovely to chat to you xx
Lucy_BCC

Hi Lynn

Good news, you can access the live chat from next week on your ipad, just send an email to Moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk with a password of your choice for live chat and your forum user name and we can add you on

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Lynnq

I will certainly be interested in joining the live chat if I can access it from my ipad.
Do I just sign in next Tuesday, will I have the opportunity to select a password or will I be allocated one?
Chocolates

Yes I did receive a reply that night from bcc about the email - I'm really sorry for not posting that as I think I've caused confusion. However, the new live chat is launching and people will be able to use it on their mobile devices too which is really good. I do hope that those of you who initially discarded the email do give it a go. I understand it's not for everyone but please rethink about registering as I think it's a big step forward. I really hope that people do register so we can have a live chat next week from our mobile devices and be able to hook up and chat in real time with a lot more people.
Once again, bcc replied really quickly to my concerns, I still think they made an error with their email but the outcome is a new live chat service which many more people will be able to access. That is a good thing and one which a lot of people have been asking for.
Hxx
mrsblue

Thank you BCC for replying, but I will never use live chat again.  It always worked well for me, I have always (since 2007!) used same password as for main forum site.  If it ain't broke why fix it?  Some (many?) of us secondary people have chemo brain and find these changes very confusing.

Lucy_BCC

Hi all
Response regarding the email:

Please be reassured that the email from BCC about the new live chat is absolutely genuine though of course we do understand concerns about receiving such an email. We should have been clearer in explaining that we have to set the password for you so we are giving you the option to choose a password. Otherwise we can set something for you though that might be harder to remember. So really sorry for causing confusion and concern. And the password is only for Livechat - it will not be used for anything else.
Best wishes
Emma Nye
Website Manager

Lucy_BCC

Hi all
So sorry for the concern this has caused, I have passed it over to Anna for a response, the email is genuine and I had replied to chocolates but in an email to inform her earlier this week so apologies for not coming back on here to confirm

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

pam01

Me too. I didnt respond!! Are BCC on a go slow? how long does it take to confirm or deny the e mail comes from them!!

mrsblue

Yes, I had the email.  I deleted it from my mail inbox.  I do very occasionally use live chat but the email was not at all clear in its explanation.  I won't bother using BCC live chat again.

JulieD
Community Champion

Hi,

Yes I've had one and was about to do the same as Chocolates and contact BCC as concerned that it asks for password and there is nothing on the site about it.

Will be interested to see the answer

Julie

didi62

Hi yes I had one and being rather techno stupid I just replied with it!!didn't even think it may not be bcc.Hope it was them.best wishes didi 

Chocolates

Thanks Lucy for your reply xx
Lucy_BCC

No problem at all
X

Chocolates

Thanks Lucy - I'll forward it now. It just concerned me as no logo and asking for a password.
Lucy_BCC

Hi Chocolates

Sorry you have had this email which has caused you concern, if you send it to moderator@breastcancercare.org.uk I can check it for you, we are launching a new live chat so pretty sure it's ok but I am happy to check it our for you

Best wishes
Lucy BCC

Chocolates

Email re new live chat service

Has anybody else had an email from bcc about a new live chat service coming soon. They've asked for me to send my password. As the email has no bcc logo etc it's made me a bit nervous. Just wondered if anyone else felt the same and of course if it is genuine.