Hi everyone - so glad I’ve stumbled across this forum.

My name is Wendy and I had breast cancer surgery in March 2011. I had radiotherapy and am now taking Tamoxifen. I haven’t any specific questions at the moment but it will be good to chat to people who really understand what I’ve been through. I’m in North Yorkshire and wondered if there was anyone local to me?

Hi Wendy,

welcome to the forums - like you I joined after I had finished my active treatment, and never quite managed to escape!  I am not in your area but know lots of ladies who are.

If you go to the Northern England page on the Campaigns and meet-ups board you can see what there is already or start you own new thread.  forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Northern-England/bd-p/north_east

You might also like to look at the ‘living with and beyond breast cancer’ page and check out some of the ongoing support threads on ‘living with breast cancer’ and ‘recovering from treatment’ boards as these are where many of us ‘old lags’ tend to hang out.

Hi,

My mum was diagnosed 10 yrs ago.  She had the surgery and was taking tamoxifin.  We forget she even had bc.  It’s all back to normality.  I havn’t gone through it myself but my family have gone through it which means so have I.    There my world :slight_smile:

I must mention this website to my mum.   I’m sure she would love a chat.  It’s also great to know someone who had bc has had the all clear for 10yrs.