cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 2016 Starters

Skye

Re: November 2016 Starters

Hi JoJo45

Only too happy to help - if there's any more info I can send you, I will. Big hugs darling - we're all in this together.

Skye xxx
swampy1901

Hi Kelly

I can't promise that it will get better but it will get easier to deal with - having had two rounds of six - second time around is a little different - I have been fatigued which I didn't have with round one but then took a couple of paracetemol and went christmas shopping for 3 hours yesterday!! 

Be gentle with yourself and go with the flow - and do what your body needs or wants. So today is a bad day - nurture yourself - and as you say onwards and upwards!!

Kelly

Hi everyone!
I can't believe I'm day 6 post chemo and can't get out of bed today! I hadn't been too bad up til yesterday and now I feel terrible!!
I've not had any sickness, but feel like I've been hit with a 10 tonne brick! I suppose we're all different, but I feel so frustrated I can't get on with things - my husband is ironing as I lie here!!!
Please tell me it will get better and I won't feel like this for 5 more cycles!!!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Onwards and upwards xxxx
Truey

Hi Ladies,

I didn't have mouth ulcer problems but some latent issues caused my gingivitis to flare up badly. My dentist recommended Corsodyl toothpaste and this completely sorted everything out for my 2nd cycle of FEC.

l had used the aloe Vera toothpaste recommended on this site, which worked very well and is very gentle. However, if you do normally have inflamed gums it is worth checking out the Corsodyl toothpaste. It is available in supermarkets and chemists.

Good luck everyone!

x

JoJo45

Hi Skye,
Thank you, you are making me feel more positive about the treatment. Well done on working but take it easy. I popped in to work yesterday but I have to hide in the office as I'm nhs and need to stay away from patients. 😀
Thanks for all the tips xx
Seagull1

Hi Skye

Glad the chemo went ok. I was alright til day 3, then it hit me like a freight train! Slowly coming out the other end. Now day 7.

My mouth started to hurt yesterday & up til now I've just used my normal brush & paste but I might give my dentist a call to see if I can get anything from him before hitting the shops & trying to find suitable products.

Someone told me a good way to get through it is to count off the chemos up to 3 then count back down from 3. Assuming you're having 6 obviously. Lol.

Good luck all. x
Skye

Hi Sue H-S, Sarah73 and all you other ladies

Well, I had my Chemo on Monday and definitely not as bad as I thought it would be – even though I’d read others saying this, a little part of me didn’t believe it.  It was all given by IV direct into a vein – I’ll see how that works out for the second one.  My Onco likes to do less invasive treatments, but has said if I want the line put in I can have it. 

It’s all done and dusted now and even though I didn’t stroll out that room like a boss – I gave a sassy little strut and that was good enough for me!

I was in at 10.30 and had a Heart Ultrasound which was okay – then treatment started about 12.30pm ish – had lunch about 1.30pm and then I was observed for a couple of hours and sent home about 3.30pm.

I felt as if I’d a really bad hangover at the back of my head, and a bit heavy headed – other than that, no other side effects.  Was in bed for 10.00pm – after dozing on sofa for an hour beforehand lol!!!  Had a great sleep and didn’t really stir during the night.

Day 2 was very uneventful – took anti sickness meds I was told to take, but omitted one that I was told to take only if I felt sick, 15 mins after starting breakfast I felt sick and took the other med (Domperidone) which soon sorted that out.  Just chilled about the house taking things easy to see how it went.  Managed to go up to work at 7.00pm (we have a warehouse) and did a couple of hours stacking shelves and reorganising, so really pleased with myself.

Day 3 (today) woke up to a banging headache!  Woke up at 3.30am and didn’t get back to sleep so just got up and tidied up.  Took anti sickness meds and 2 paracetamol at 8.00am.  Headaches have been here for most of the day.  Went into work from 9.30 – 1.00pm and then went wig shopping!!!

Feeling very positive so far – God knows what tomorrow will bring, but I’ m so glad that the first one is over and done with – 1 down 5 to go!!!! 

Sue H-S, I’m taking on board what you say about FEC, I’ll see what happens in my 2nd cycle and might ask for a line then.  I was only given 3 days steroids because I’m T2 Diabetic and it raises your sugar levels. 

Jojo45 – My hygienist prescribed toothpaste for me, gave me a soft toothbrush and some interdental brushes, all on NHS.  Here’s the link for the toothpaste http://www.colgateprofessional.co.uk/products/colgate-duraphat-5000ppm-fluoride-toothpaste/faqs

Good luck all you lovely ladies! xxx

JoJo45

Thanks Sarah, yes will have to look after mouth as was prone to mouth ulcers prior to diagnosis😳
Will take all the anti sickness they can throw at me 😀
Might try the cap see how it goes
X
Sarah04

Hi JoJo45

I have a picc line in my left arm. Nodes removed from right hand and it has been absolutely fine. I even sleep on that side as more comfortable than node side. I don't have any restricted mobility. Only thing i was told was don't swim, play golf or tennis! And you have to cover it when showering. I'm so glad I have it as major problems with locating veins.
Cold capping is very much a personal choice and not everyone can bear it. I have had 3 sessions so far and have cold capped. I have been extremely fortunate so far and have not lost any hair to speak of. Some odd hairs coming out if I pull (which bizarrely I frequently do)! No shedding on any clothes, pillow etc. I have one session left so I am hoping my hair hangs in there. Most ladies find the first 10 - 15 mins the worse and then you sort of get used to it. Eyebrows and lashes still intact at the moment too, although they are thinning !
Pls don't be afraid to ask if you need to change anti sickness meds too. You really don't need to suffer. I had mine changed on round 2 and then another change for round 3. Do be vigilant with oral hygiene as I was a bit blasé about it and came out with a Huge ulcer after round one. I didn't make that mistake again. I now use a salt mouthwash every day post chemo as a a preventative. I was also prescribed Gelclair which is really good.
Good luck with everything. The time really does go quite fast
Sarah xx
JoJo45

Hi all,

I'm due to start chemo next week 😳 Having FEC-T regime, six treatments over 18 weeks.  

Had my echo today and apparently I do have a heart which is a good thing as now good to go.  

The only thing I'm slightly concerned over is the PICC line, as I have had lymph nodes taken from the affected side this has to go in my good arm (left) Does this affect my movement of this arm as limited mobility in the right arm still?  

The treatmnt itself I think I'm ok with, I expect to feel sick and tired but bring on the fight 💪🏻

Is the cold cap worth trying?  I'm ok with loosing the hair I think.  I'm off wig hunting 👩🏼on Friday and at least it's winter coming so a good excuse to cover up with hats.  A friend of mine said her sister stuck some of her own hair onto her favourite hat with surgical tape, might try this even if it only lasts a couple of weeks 😀.  

Feeling positive but also slightly apprehensive 😩 at the same time.  

Xx

Seagull1

Hi Sue. Thanks. I am being treated privately (my husband gets free private healthcare with his employee benefits package!) which may be the reason I don't have a red card, just a Nuffield book. It's also the reason I'm getting the pertuzumzab in this way too as I don't believe it's available on the nhs at the mo. I only had it over 3 days the first time to make sure I wasn't allergic to any of it. Next time it'll all be done in one. 

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Segull1,

Your chemo regime seems to be a little different to most of the ladies on the forum, hence side effects may be quite different - especially as you appear to have the chemo administered over a number of days, rather than in one session every 21 days.

Our temperature, whilst on chemo can be up and down - my lowest was 35.6 -  Many of you may also experience hot flushes, heavy sweats and night sweats as you move through your treatment. This should improve dramatically, once your chemo regime is over.

Chemo card - you should have been given a red card with your patient number, name and date of borth on it - which has the hospital number the chemo nurses number and the chemo helpline number on it. It also tells you when to ring, when specific things happen. 

If you are being treated by the NHS you should really have one - if being treated privately - I am not sure about their protocols. It should look something like this - 

FullSizeRender (77).jpg

Hope that helps

Hugs

Sue xxx

Seagull1

Hi all. I'm actually an October starter but only last Monday. Had Pertuzumab Monday, Traztuzumab Tuesday & Docetaxal & Cyclophosphamide Wednesday. All went ok with the administering of it all. Just a weird sensation. Warming my arm up before putting the cannula in really helped as I have thin veins apparently. Thursday felt fine. Friday woke up at 5 feeling sick so took anti sickness tablet which helped & put seabands on. Then just felt queasy rest of time. Saturday it hit me! Exhausted! Just managed to get dressed but no more than that. I've got a sore throats & my temps up & down & constantly feel warm headed. Right off any drinks except water with a slice of lemon in. Don't even want Prosecco!!!!! Scalp is tingly but I'm prepared with a wig & hats for when it goes. Had diarrhoea too but then I suffer with IBS so that's nothing new. Today I feel like I have a cold & temp hit 37.8 last night so waiting for a call from my chemo nurse as to whether I need to be checked. Anyway I've gone on a bit but thought it might give others an idea what to expect. Hope it goes ok for you all. BTW what's a chemo card? No one'a mentioned one to me. I do have a book. Also why are some people objecting themselves?! x
Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Sarah,

I am amazed that you are at work! - The breathlessness is quite normal and is likely to get worse as you move through your chemo cycles. You ability to stay alert may also be affected.

It may be wise to consider taking the 5-7 days post taking your last steroid tablet off work.

I had my chemo treatments on Thursday afternoons, so I could work on the Friday, as on steroids.

Then I took off the following Monday to Friday and went back to work on day 11 post chemo treatment right up to the next cycle. Having the weekends gave me a total of 9 days to recover. I also had the G csf injections. 

The breathlessness may be due to a number of things, however usually is happens, because our red blood cell count falls. Red blood cells transport oxygen to our muscles and our brain to keep us active and moving. So with less oxygen getting to the muscles as we move them, we try and breath more to get more oxygen - hence breathless - and less oxygen for the brain - hence challenges trying to stay alert. 

Hugs

Sue xxx

Sarah73

Thank you Sue for this info. I wasn't sure what the steroids were for. I've had my last ones of them today. Is breathlessness quite normal? I have the fuzzy head okay. Quite hard to stay alert xx
Sarah73

Good luck Skye. The treatment going in isn't too bad. Just relax.

Julie.... I got a nurse to do first injectioname..but last night did it myself..and I hate needles. I found best way to hold needle against skin..and push firmly...then inject the liquid all way in. I was determined to do it and didn't hesitate too much. Good luck. It's my day 4 too. I'm at work!!. Tired and breathless and not a lot of energy but I have an easy office job. Just hope I can stay awake!! Xx
Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi all,

Skye - good luck today - Your worries are understandable - it is the fear of the unknown, especially as we all react differently to the treatments we are being given - and adminstration seems to vary from chemo unit to chemo unit,too. The most important thing I can suggest at this time is to drink as much water as you can and keep the arm, where the cannula will be put in (arm oposite to operation side) as warm as you can.

This will help with plumping up your veins and the cannula insertion will be easier, as will be the adminstration of the chemo.

In general terms - if you are having FEC or EC all the way through I would really suggest to have a PICC line installed, as the E in the treatment can 'burn out ' your veins. There are other types of 'permanent' ports, such as a Hickman line or a Portacath. The PICC line seems to be the most commonly used.

Again - for general reference, it may vary from case to case - generally you are being given saline solution and IV steroids followed by your specific chemo regime. The IV steroid can, in some cases cause prickling and heat in the nether regions, but it is not too unpleasant and does not last long. You are highly likley going to feel fine, when all is done, thanks t othe steroids. Some have a fuzzy head, a bit like a heavy hangover, especially when on FEC or EC. For me that lasted for about a day. The steroids tablets, you may be given to take for another few days, will help to keep you well. Steroids are basicially administered for the body not to reject the chemo. Once you stop taking them you may feel more tired, so be aware of that. You should also be given a bag of other medications, such as anti sicknes, etc and the signed form for you to apply for prescription charge exemption.

Keep drinking about 2 litres of fluid a day to flush out the chemo and to protect your kidneys and urinary tract.

If you are constipated for more than 2 days - please do not wait for it to improve - but start to take Senna tablets.

Fingers crossed for all of you.

Hugs

Sue xx

Auntyjulie

Hi skye, good luck for today hun. its all the unknown that get us worried. for me the treatment was quick and straight forward. i'm on morning of day 4 now and have felt too bad apart from occasional icky tummy, keep up all with the nausea meds they give you. i have my first injection last night, was a bit of a wuss and got my nurse friends to do it for me. youll be fine hun, stay strong. lots of hugs xx

Skye

Hi ladies

I have first session of Chemo tomorrow at 10.30am. Feeling very anxious and trying to calm myself down by reading all your comments. I'm struggling to understand why I'm so panicked. 

Dont think I'll get a wink of sleep tonight! Kelly and Sarah - if you've got any more updates I'd be grateful to hear from you both on how you're feeling now. 

Big hugs to to those who've managed the first cycle - we are all so brave fighting this battle against this horrible disease. 

Love, kisses and mammy hugs to everyone. xxx

Skye xxx

Sarah73

Hi Kelly.  Thanks for replying. I did the injection myself tonight without thinking too much about it. What was involved having portacath fitted? I have been OK today. tiredness on and off. doing too much in between. got quite breathless at times. my body telling me to slow down I think. planning on going to work tomorrow so will see how I feel in morning xx

Kelly

Hello Sarah, nice to hear from you. I had portacath fitted was worried about it - but after having had first round on Friday I think I can already see the benefits.

I am having 6xFEC. Everyone's treatment is so different there isn't a one size fits all, do whatever has been diagnosed will be right for you. Chase up seeing your onc though as they are the ones who can answer all your questions.

I'm 2 days in and feeling quite tired, not been sick but got terrible heartburn. I was brave enough to give myself the jab and it wasn't that bad!

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting along as we are all going through the same thing together.

Kelly xx
Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi ladies,

for those of you, who would like to use Private Messaging - perhaps to support each other with some things, which are easier to chat about 'off forum' or to exchange details of a more personally identifying nature - this links should help you knowing of how to set up private messaging. This is of course, for those, who have, as yet, not discovered the feature.

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Struggling-to-get-started/Private-groups-and-private-messag...

Please always remember - this forum is in the public domain, so we should not share details, which could identify us or others in 'real life' - i.e. e-mail addresses, Facebook names, full names, doctors names, etc.

Hugs

Sue xx

Sarah73

Ive been trying to get this to appear in November new starters forum. Not sure if done it right as its time.

HI everyone. So good to read all of your comments. I was told may have to have port put in as my veins aren't good...and I was really worried about it. but now I've noticed someone say it's not too bad I feel bit better. I think I have triple negative. Bit annoyed as I was told I would see oncologist before by first chemo session to confirm diagnosis and stage and grade as they were doing other tests on biopsy. Even the nurse was surprised I hadn't been given these results. I hope I'm on right treatment!! I am down to have 4×FEC and 4× DT. I don't know exactly size but he thought about 5 cm...and also lymph node like a swollen minstrel. The lump in side of breast hurts a lot. Either a stabbing or burning pain. They said after chemo I will have surgery and radiotherapy. Yet I've read other people with triple negative don't have all this.

Right back to treatment. After getting a vein they put through 2 antisickness drugs intravenously hen saline. Then the FEC started. They did the E first by hand pushing as this one can irritate the vein. She put a heat pack on my arm which helped. Or it just distracted me. This was 3 syringes full of nasty red stuff and apparently the one that makes hair fall out so she told me. Then I had 2 syringes put through pump of F and 1 of C. These hurt more I found as going in quite quick into my rubbish veins.

Post chemo...just felt tired...dry mouth and bit of nausea. Taking 4 different anti sickness drugs which are helping. Laxatives and antacid too. I'm rattling I've had so many. Wasn't brave enough to give myself injection. But tomorrow I will as felt disappointed in myself. So I'm 30 hours now after 1st one finished. Been told days 3-7 can be quite bad. Will keep you all informed. But so far..so good.

Be brave ladies. We're all fighters. Off to bed now.

Sarah xxx
Auntyjulie

Well think I overdone it lol, must remember to eat before (not just before) chemo as was sick last night, also really tired too. Much better day today, not pushed myself too much jus pottering about. Roll on injection tomorrow! I've got some numbing cream so hopefully not too bad
Auntyjulie

So, first chemo just finished. Don't feel too bad, at the end of the treatment I was starting to feel like my sinuses with filling up but they feel ok now. I'm only slightly Wooly headed, a little bit of pins and needles in my feet! will see how this all goes. love and hugs to everybody who is due to start. it wasn't as scary as I thought, the nurses were very kind and considerate and we were probably there less than 2 hours I'm having fec-t 3 x 3 no cold cap. Worst part was fitting the cannula and that wasn't too bad either! The whole treatment part took about half an hour so make sure you have a pee first I have been for a few pee's since, probably because of the saline drip. And it's pink. Xxx
Sus12

Hi guys.
Have just sneaked on from the October thread to send you hugs and best wishes on your journey. I had my first chemo on the 20th Oct and it wasn't anything like as bad as I was fearing. I was beside myself with fear. I too managed to keep it together the first time I went to a wig person who just plonked the pink hair cap on my head without asking if I would be OK with that. Needless to say I was in floods as soon as I got out. I didn't even go back but went to a different one who was very sensitive and lovely. I'm waiting for mine now. He said sometimes it's hard not to make the wig look better than your own hair lol. I've had a thing about my hair (fine, blonde, straight) all my life so I am like you are very very anxious about losing it. I tried the cold cap and am just now accepting that I might lose some, most or all of my hair as they can't guarantee no hair loss on FEC-T 3x3 that I'm on but I'm giving it a go to feel like at least I tried! I found the cold cap uncomfortable for the first 10 minutes but then you get used to it (or your head just goes numb! :D)
Love and big big hugs,
Sue
Kelly

Hi Snowydog, had portacath fitted yesterday. It's a bit sore, feels like a bad bruise - but that will settle in a day or 2. They've left the needle in as chemo starts this afternoon. Lots of people say it's deffo the best to have one fitted if u have the chance, so will prob be glad of it. That's another thing ticked off the list of things to do!! X

Skye I'm trying on wigs tomorrow - like you I'll prob burst into tears 😭! But I suppose we need to try and have a bit of fun with it. I'm trying the coldcap to see if that saves any hair! Good luck xx
Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi Skye,

Some people make up a chemo caddy, others don't. Not all of the bits, which are on the link are needed for everyone, as it is a collection of information of many ladies, who have gone through chemo.

Absolute mouth hygiene is vital, a soft bristle toothbrush and alcohol free mouthwash. I would also suggest to have some Senna and imodium on stand by - so you have something in case one or the other happens and you don't have to go out to get it. Small easy snacks - ginger biscuits, water biscuits, etc will be helpful to keep nausea at bay - and of course water, water, water. Always carry some with you.

Here is the link - you need to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the post -

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Top-tips-and-practical-support/Preparation-for-Chemo/m-p/10...

Thinking of you re the 'shave' - you might just surprise yourself...

Hugs

Sue xxx

Skye

Hi Sue H-S

Can you tell me where the information is on the Chemo Caddy that should keep all our bits n pieces together. 

Im hoping to stock mine before Monday. 

Cheers!

Skye xx

Skye

Hi Ladies

Went and ttried wigs on today - ended up in tears when they put the wee cap on. I always thought Id be okay, but ended up blubbering. Think I'll have to face away from the mirror when I get my head shaved. Will also use headphones and listen to music.  I feel like a wimp!! 😩😩😩😩

Love n kisses

Skye xx

snowydog

Hi Kelly,  not sure what time your appointment is, but I have my fingers and toes all crossed that it goes well.

Like you I'm not looking forward to any of it but the sooner it starts the sooner it finishes.  They do say it is the best way to go especially if you are of a nervous disposition or in my case paranoid.  You have to keep telling yourself, you can do this and you are not alone. 

Sue H-S
Community Champion

Hi

and welcome all new November starters! - Also  to those who are very late October starters - you might feel better off on this thread, as many of the October thread may be so far ahead of you in their treatment cycle.

Digital thermometer - Boots does a lowish cost option one, which I used. I think it was around £6.00.

And do have your red chemo card with you at all times.

Please use the chemo helpline number should you experience any symptoms, which are new to you. Waiting until they go away again, perhaps with usual home remedies, might not be the right choice. It is always better to check it out and get their advice, before things get any worse.

It may also be an idea to put a call into your GP to make sure he/she knows that you are going through chemo. As they are GPs and not specialists, you may sometimes know more about your condition and what you may need, than them. Having that conversation may save you time, when needing prescriptions, etc - when you need to call them for assistance.

You should be given a form, signed by the chemo nurse - to apply for prescription charge exemption, which will be granted. It will exempt you for a few years - so do it even if you have a pre-paid card.

Should they not give it to you, please ask for it.

Also, should you have to attend A&E - please show the card to the receptionist and let them know you are on chemo and immuno compromised. They will usher you into a separate waiting area - as waiting with all others is not a wise thing to do. Your system will, over the treatment cycles - become more and more immuno compromised. 

It is likely that you will feel fine the first few days post your treatment, as you may be on steroids. Once you come off them, you may feel more tired and possible side effects may become more apparent.

If you are being physically sick for more than one day and your medication, that you will be given does not help - call the chemo helpline, as they can adjust your medication.

Should you experience constipation for more than 2 days - it may be a good idea to take some Senna tablets. Do not let it get any worse. 

Phew - so many tips to share - hope they will be of help to you.

Good luck to you - hoping all goes well.

Hugs

Sue xx

blueash
Community Champion

They give you a chemo card - it is red and gets you seen quickly if you need to go to A&E or need a blood test. It will have the details of your chemo on it and any emergency numbers your might need.

You have to get your own thermometer and they like you to have a digital one that does your ear.

Auntyjulie

1st chemo for me too this Friday, although was called to go to the hospital today for more bloods. My liver count was too high so waiting for results to see what's happening! Will be keeping up to date with this post to see how we are all getting on. I'm having fec-t 3x3. Wig apt on 8th Nov. Have started getting bits together for my chemo caddy. Gonna face this prepared (as much as I can be) and head on xx good luck everyone
Skye

Hi Kelly, Snowydog and Blueash

Im starting Chemo on Monday, but I've sneaked on to this thread!!!😜😜😜

Whoever is first with their treatment can give us all a heads up of what to expect. I'm sure the iunknown is more daunting than the treatment. 

Good luck everyone - we will do this!! 

Skye xx

Kelly

Hello Snowydog, I start chemo on Friday, so will join this November thread! I too am having a portacath fitted tomorrow - I'm actually not looking forward to that at all, or any of it really 😞, but apparently it is best to have one fitted.

Good luck with starting your chemo next week. In a couple of weeks we will have a better understanding of what to expect!!
snowydog

Hi, 

Ok so I am one of those "lucky" people to be starting Chemo in November, 3rd actually.  I have to have a portacath inserted on Tuesday, 1st as I have been told I have rubbish veins.  Do the hospital issue a thermometer and a chemo card?  I haven't seen the chemo nurse yet, I am booked for the guided tour on Friday.

Hopefully I am not the only November starter, don't want to feel alone.

blueash
Community Champion

I cannot believe that we have a November thread already! I am from the August starters and want to welcome everyone.

Chemo is not as bad as you think it is going to be - lots of us have been where you are now and have come through it.

You will feel  at rough at times but only for a few days and things are so much easier if you have medicine on  hand for heartburn and constipation. Buy non alcoholic mouthwash and get claritin hayfever tablets in because:

http://myangrycancer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/claritin-is-worth-its-weight-in-gold.html

What you cannot face now will be easy in a few weeks - my worst fear was giving myself injections! After the first couple I wondered what all the fuss was about.

If you have any worries or fears or just want help/support/advice we are all here to help you. You will get through this xxx.

Skye

Hi to Everyone who's just about to join this thread!! 😀😀😀

Im booked in for 1st round of Chemo on 31/10 - been told that I've to have 3 x FEX, 3 D-H. 

Can't wait to get started, but nervous as well. 😳😳

Apparently, drinking lots n lots of water (no tea or coffee) beforehand will help. Worth a try I say. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone else's e periwnce snd sharing info so that we all benefit.

Good luck to to us all - mammy cuddles available at short notice xxx😘😘😘 

Sue H-S
Community Champion

November 2016 Starters

Hi all

And here is the November 2016 chemotherapy starters thread!  Hopefully it will become a lively and supportive thread for all of you having to go through your various regimes of chemo. Please do not be too worried - you will all get through this. For some it may be harder than others, as side effects tend to differ from person to person, even if on the same regime. Sharing your experiences will help others, even if you never see them posting. It is also a great place to share your frustrations, ask questions, laugh, cry, rant and rave.

Any side effects you do get please note them down for your treatment team. If they become too challenging and you advise them accordingly, they usually tend to adjust the accomanying medication to make your journey easier. Most side effects experienced in the first cycle are likely to be the same throughout, as long as you are on the same regime.

Here are some helpful links for you to prepare and support you.

Chemo preparation - 

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Top-tips-and-practical-support/Preparation-for-Chemo/m-p/10...

If you do not have a PICC or similar port installed and you are on FEC throughout - you may wish to ask for one to be installed. FEC is quite tough on your veins. This thread may be of help though for all of you - 

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Top-tips-and-practical-support/Vein-Care/m-p/1036347#U10363...

And this one covers everything from food to make up and wigs - you may have to explore in more depth to find something specific you are looking for - 

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Top-tips-and-practical-support/Chemotherapy-Tips-and-Tricks...