Anyone Triumph over Stage 4 Grade 3

I had DCIS in 2014 and had a mastectomy done without needing chemo or radio.

Yesterday, the doctor confirmed that I have grade 3 cancer cells in my breast where mastectomy was done, lymph nodes in my armpit and it had also spread to a lymph node in my lungs. 

Conclusion is I am Stage 4, grade 3.

She says my prognosis is good. I am not sure if they say that to everyone.

I am meeting with the oncologist on 29 Dec to discuss treatment plans.

Stage 4, grade 3 is as serious as the cancer chart gets. 

I am not sure how I feel. It all seems surreal.

Has anyone triumph over this stage?

Can you share with me how you did it? What went through your mind?

I was stage 3 with cancer in 12 lymph nodes in 2004. I had mastectomy chemo and radiotherapy then tamoxifen.  It came back in my lungs in 2017 so I think for now remain positive take the drugs on offer and listen to your body report any changes that need investigating. There are many drugs for secondary breast cancer…mine has since spread further but I do stay hopeful.make the most of life and good luck 

Hi_,_

well I have been stage 4 grade 3 for 7 years. Primary was 23 years ago then it went into hibernation and returned bones then liver. Have done well on hormonal/ target treatment for 7 years just had progression and going onto chemo next week. I’m Er positive and negative for PR and HER.

Even in my 7 years there has been a lot of new treatments and there are clinical trials that can be looked at as well. You have reason to be hopeful and don’t look at statistics as my oncologist says they take years to compile and are always out of date. My stat was 2 years and I’m still standing. 

Wishing you well

Love Debsx