Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

lucinda

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Mel which RM are you at, I go to Sutton xx

Buffy3

Scans on system and awaiting my consultant. I have had massages, acupuncture and the counsellor has been working on relaxtion techniques with me. The RM seem to have a good range of supportive services, and I have found it helps. So tired from chemo just doze off. The PJ day was first oneI have had...in new xmas pjs!!! Have come over tired after todays scans...although thr RM was only half open so no long waits this time.
I hope the funding comes through soon
Best wishes to all Mel
lucinda

Oh the horrible waiting game, I am waiting to hear if I have got funding for Afinitor( I have just been switched to exemestane and it is hoped it will work better alongside Afinitor/everolimus) and have a bone scan booked in for jan 7th with onc appointment a week later.
Mel I listen to my mp3 when I want to chill out, I have my favourite really relaxing tunes on it and find I can forget those nagging thoughts.I aslo have some relaxation tapes.Do you have any access to alternative therapies-reflexology,reiki as they are all relaxing.I have always found acupunture both relaxing and pain relieving.

i have never been to penny Brohn,would love to go but a bit a distance to travel,but cancerwise wher i go for support classes and councelling do similar courses approved by Penny Brohn and I am intending to go to some of them next year.

I love pj days,but usually end up getting dressed as oh thinks I am not well if I slum around-he just doesn't get it.Thinks once you are awake you should be up and dressed-he does,t so lie ins either or spend all day in bed reading - I actually think is from another species!!.

Hope all results are the right kind and Happy New Year one and all boney ladies xxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hoping that all you ladies on this thread have had an enjoyable Christmas, as much as recent or current treatment is allowing. Sorry I can't help out with the questions about zometa and different hormone treatments.
Nicky x

Buffy3

Thank you Katie. Just chilling out again!! My friend has just dropped in some party food. My taste buds are ok at mo...turkey tasted good although OH took the foil off when bird was first put in oven! Result was a very crispy outside halfway into cooking!!! Anyway I rescued it..more foil and it was ok. It is interesting that you ached during chemo too...thats not listed as a se!! I put it down to inactivity! Am avoiding shops, places with people as vomitting bug is rife this way! Oh well only 3 more chemos to go and no doubt some other treatment after then. Have a good rest of hols..I think I readyou have just gone back to work...my pay will go to half in jan...good job am too inactive to go out spending! Did get a critical illness insurance payout which has eased any worries regarding money. Thank again Katie means alot xx Mel
Katie2002

Hi Mel - hope you managed to taste the turkey? Try not to be too hard on yourself about feeling tired and achy. I felt constantly like that during chemo and the injections made me terribly achy. You're energy levels will return. I still get achy now and many days I feel like I'm 90 after I get up after a while sitting. My hubby just laughs at me! Good luck with the scans. Jacqui's advice sounds good re relaxation and meditation. I'm rubbish at anything like thaT - i can't switch off. I try to get engrossed in a good book or keep busy with menial things. Failing that watching a comedy box set. Mrs browns boys is good for taking my mind off things. Or my fav is just being in my favourite place...denial. I pretend it ain't happening to me. Some would say that isn't healthy but I don't care.
on a different note I was gutted I didn't get new pjs. Quite fancied a onesie - although not v practical when you get up as often as I do in the night. Not complaining tho as Santa was exceptionally good to me this year. Having cancer has some perks!!
Anyway I.m rambling now - just wanted you to know you aren't alone. Sending you a cyber hug and hope all goes well tomorrow
xxx

Buffy3

Thank you Jacqui, good luck with yours too xx Mel
swanie

Hi there Mel. Just thought I would wish youn luck for tomorrow. It is horrible waiting for results. I have an MRI on New Years Eve with feedback a week later. Like you I am trying not to let this dominate my thoughts. If this helps I attended a 2 day course run by Penny Brohn Cancer Centre called living well with cancer. One thing they covered was relaxation and meditaion to my surprise it has been an amazing help, not only in switching off the mind but helping to deal with pain. The courses are free and are run in Bristol with accomodation at their beautiful centre or as outreach weekend sessions. You can find details on the web.
Hope you enjoy your PJ day - I had a lovely pair off a colleague - I am now a PJ convert.
All the best for the New Year
have a cyberhug
Jacqui

Buffy3

Hi, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. We had a very quiet one...at least my chemo was before xmas and after the new year. However am now in scan anxiety mode, CT, bone scan and ultrasound tomorrow. All necessary I know but it will be a week before I get results along with my 4th chemo. I guess they will be looking for evidence of less bone mets..does it show so soon on the scans? I still am very tired and ache some days..again more worrying, Ive read that this could be the chemo, the wbc injection and also I am so tired so not really being active enough. Lets hope bone scan is positive. I need to try to forget all about it but I seem to have the illness etched right into ny thoughts...its very hard to stop thinking about it. Any tips for relaxation appreciated. Sorry to go on but find it helpful just to write down some of my thoughts. Anyway, thats enough of my ramblings, going to have a pj day today, one of my gifts from the family!!! Since I will spend most of tomorrow in some scanner of sorts. I guess we are lucky that they get to see what goes on inside us!
Love to all
Mel
Guest user
Not applicable

Happy Christmas everyone. I hope you all can enjoy yourselves xxxx

Sorry I haven't got any advice for anybody. I've not heard of Afinitor..not but I really hope it does the trick for you xx

Lisalaren it sounds like your mum had a allergic reaction to the zometa, and I wondered if it was antihistamines she was given rather than antibiotics....so she could be given a different bis phosphate or she could be given zometa and antihistamine too to prevent a reaction xxx anyway hope he is ok xxx
lots of love to you all xxx
Lisalauren

Has anyone heard of DNA testing that they do in the states to determine how a women with breast cancer would respond to the treatment offered to her. A friend of my mothers who lives in Israel said there was a programme on this but I cannot find any info.
lizcat

Amanda Jayne - I was at a BBC support group meeting in Liverpool last week and a lady has just started on AfintorAging of and another may well be about to start it. Both said it is taken with exemestane and they had heard of others on it. Apparently it was being trialled but the results were so good they stopped the trial early. There is a thread on here about it under its other name of rebellious. Looks promising......

Esha_Ness

Amanda Jane. I am sorry that you are in a low place right now.If its any comfort I have been on a range of hormome treatments, when one stops working they try another.I havent been on Afinitor so cant help you. If there is any way they can do a biopsy they can look at your hormoine status. I have been up and down with treatments and keep on being told that when one stops working they try another. You are lucky to have PET scans because they pick this all up early.
I hope you can put all of this to the back of your mind and celebrate the festive season.
I want to say a big thankyou to everyone on this forum.We are all amazing the way we have no choice but to deal with what ever and manage this. Thankyou for all of your support. I am going to have a break from the forum until after the New Year.
Love Esha

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello ladies,
feeling low low low tonight my tumour markers have gone up to 600 today so will be taken of letrozole and faslodex , I started well on letrozole in dec 2011 and was doing well until july had pet scan sept showed slight spread to ribs and spine was then put on faslodex. will now be taken off that and started on Afinitor, would love here if anybody else has had this and do you think my receptors could of changed from hormone positive to neg, I feel fear as I was dx last December and feel things are on the move not in a positive way.
My original dx was Dec 2007 low grade breast cancer started on tamoxifen lumpectomy and rads. 5 years down the line dx with wide spread bone mets. Head is not in a good place now..
swanie

Just thought I would drop by and wish you all a happy, pain free and sick free christmas as far as it is possible.
Finished my course of rads about 10days ago - the SE where worse than I expected but now feel radically better. Have another MRI scan on 31/12/12 - my onc has a supicion that I have a spread to the sacrum - I will have this confirmed on 7/1/13. I have decided that there is no point worrying about it until then and fully intend to eat, drink and be merry. and enjoy my beautiful grandaughter Olives first chrimas.
I hope all the treatment you are on is working and making life easier.
Strictly finals comiing up now there is something to get stressed about!!! 🙂
cheers Jacqui

Katie2002

Hello everyone,
Lucinda - sorry to hear your news. Totally with you - I hate blooming cancer too!
Lisa - I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I hope by the time you read this the anti biotics have kicked in and she's feeling better. I was knocked out by my first zometa infusion. I felt so yuk. It's like Mel says everyones se are different.
Clare - sorry I am no use nor ornamnent ( if you get my gist) and have no idea about scans! I've not had one since secondary dx in summer (and that was a ct scan not a bone one)! Ring your BCN if you are unsure. It seems from reading posts different oncologists in different areas of the country have different views/proceedures re scans!
Mel- my fingers are crossed for you tasting the turkey! Enjoy your first loved up Christmas as a married woman. I'm 7 years married this Feb but after a major debacle over changing the cat litter was beginning to think we wouldn't see 7 years anniversary. Men!!!! Doesn't he understand I have cancer!!!!!! All i wanted was help to carry said cat litter to the bin. The cricket on the tv was more important than my sore back!!!!!
I was a bit shocked earlier this week when my nurse who was giving me my herceptin and zometa said I was only down for 6 zometa in total. Don't know whether to take this as a positive or not! Didn't get to see the onc as he was running behind with his clinic. Was really hoping to ask him about new drug perjeta due out next year. Hey ho!
Anyway on completely different note - hope everyone has a lovely painfree Christmas. Enjoy strictly - I am supporting Lewis and Flavia - especially if he shows his chest!!!!
Katie xxx

myfanwy18

Just to wish everyone a happy Christmas,
Just one thing, after DX with secondaries I didn't have another scan for almost a year. When I did it showed spread to ovary which has now been sorted out. I had a scan after treatment had finished in September which showed good results and then another at the end of November which showed even better results. This is great but I've just had another appointment for a scan in January. Is it usual to have scans every 2 months instead of every 3? Worried a bit by this.
Claire

Buffy3

Dear all,
I just wanted to thank you all for your words of wisdom and strength that you all show. I was in pieces after my diagnosis back in July, scared alone and I also felt totally out of control. With the support from this thread I am now able to get my head around things. I am able to begin to accept the uncertainty of the illness and am amazed by the different treatments available...each bespoke to each persons needs. I just over half way with ec chemo...its been so tough in terms of se. I get two ok ish weeks so am thankful for that too.
Lizcat I hope the treatment will help reduce your pain, Lucinda sorry to hear your news, and Lisa I was sick when I had my 1st zometa, I imagine everyones se are different.
Anyway, once again I thank you all and wish you all a lovely, painfree Christmas. I am spending mine at home, my 1st as a married woman. I just hope I can taste the turkey ok!
Lots of love

Mel xx
Lisalauren

My mum had her zometa infusion on Wednesday and last night her face started to swell so my dad took her to A&E. They put her on 2 types of antibiotic. Since she started taking it the swelling is getting worse. Has anyone else experienced this before. I hope all you girls are feeling ok and thank you for all the advice you have given us in the past.
Wishing you all a very happy Christmas xxxx
lucinda

Val hope your appointment went well and they found a solution for you.
Liz hope the treatment works.
Well got my scan results Tuesday and not quite what I was hoping for.Seems several more vertebrae have partial collapse,which at least partly explains the increased pain.Also seems letrozole has stopped working and have low grade liver mets ( apparently onc is of the opinion these will be dealt with by the new treatment).So changed to aromasin exemestane) and hopefully everolimus providing they can get funding.Not quite the news I wanted for Christmas.Also booked in for another bone scan beginning Jan to compare with last scan as I am having new bone pain.Had zometa today and it has left me feeling really fluie. I hate cancer !!!!

Merry pain free christmas my boney friends xxx

lizcat

Hi lovely ladies,

Jusst checking in after had spinal root nerve block today for pain I have been struggling with since May. Had to get to PreztPreston for 8am, Sat around with others and was eventually taken in at 3:15!!! The surgeons only have 3 theatres and have to fit in round emergencies Tec. Anyway, the surgeon and his team were lovely and I got it done before Xmas. Fingers crossed it helps a lot even if it' s not a complete pain removal.

If I do not post again before Xmas, I just want to say that it has been another great year of support on this thread and enjoyed the laughs amongst the sadness of losing some dear friends.

Eat and drink plenty and hope you can be as merry as possible.
Lots of love to all . xxx

Ramsfan55

Thanks Nicky and Thumbie. You have helped to reassure me. I spoke to his secretary and said she would ask him and phone me if there was anything untoward in this request. She hasn't rang me so I feel a lot better about it. He asked me to have the extra tests done with my pre zometa routine tests, so I had them done yesterday. I guess they will contact me if anything crops up as a result of the tests.
it's great having this virtual support group on here. Merry Christmas to you and all my breast cancer buddies on the BCC site. My thoughts are with all of you this Christmas and I pray that God will be near you all over the next few days and weeks x
Suzanne xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Suzanne
On my last but one appointment with my onc (in April) he said 'we ought to do some tests, even if it's a blood test' before my next appointment in October. I've never had any blood tests done other than when I was IV treatment. However I duly had it done and all results were fine. I think they like to check liver function to see how we are dealing with all the meds we are on, several can have side effects that affect the liver function, so maybe this is the case? Has he requested you have it done now or just before your next appointment? Either way, as Thumbie has said, don't let it spoil your Christmas, phone your BCN or maybe your onc's secretary to find out more?
Nicky x

Thumbie

Suzanne, I'm wondering if the onc did a review of your case after you had seen him and decided it was time you had the tests as a matter of routine. It may be as simple as that - perhaps he was looking, post clinic, at his caseload, and checking all the necessary tests and follow ups had been done. He may have decided he wanted the info to hand for your next appointment in 3 months, and it may not reflect any worries he had about you at your appointment this time. It could even be that he asked another member of the team to check the patient records to see if there were recent results of these tests.
Perhaps if you have a breast care nurse or Macmillan nurse it might be worth giving them a ring to see if they can shed any light.
Don't let it spoil your Christmas! xxx

Ramsfan55

Hi ladies I wonder if you scan help? My onc saw me last week and everything seemed to be fine and he said he would see me again in 3 months. Then today I got a phone call from the hospital to say that he wants me to have tumour markers checked (which I haven't had done for a long time!) also liver function test. Why suddenly out of the blue? I have only been on tamoxifen since sept so maybe he wants to get a base line??? I know I am probably over reacting but stuff like this makes me whittle! Wish he would have just explained when I saw him. Any thoughts?
Suzanne x

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi to all Boney ladies, as Val says, it's the best on the forum 🙂 - well, along with my other contributing thread, better say that or I will be harassed!
Mel, the WBC injections will make you ache even more as they kick in as they get the bone marrow working harder, or that's how I understand it. I didn't have too many problems with those SEs but a friend who recently had to have the injections did. It wears off though so, I hope, with all the SEs from chemo you will be feeling better soon. I think a lot of us felt better, or more able to cope, with our secondary dx once treatment had started. I think it gives you back some element of control so helps with our fragile mental state. I actually banned OH from the bedroom during those first few days after chemo as I couldn't stand the smell of anyone near me! Not the other way around. My sense of smell was just as heightened as when I was pregnant so I could smell a garlic clove at 100 yards 😉 Of course I told him that I didn't want to disturb him, but it was the other way around really!
Dawn, good luck with your appointment today, I hope a solution is arrived at that you are comfortable with - in all senses of the word.
LisaLauren, I'm on tablet form bisphosphonates so can't help with your question, hope Mum is doing well with her treatment.
Lucinda, again, hoping the appointment went well, fingers crossed for you.
Val, hope that chemo is treating you kindly, well, the SEs. I hope the chemo is kicking some ass with those BC blighters 😉
Katie, well done at getting to your regular concert, anything like that does allow you to have a 'normal' life outside of this secondary bubble, even if it's just for an evening. Hope you don't have a beer hangover though.
Really loving Strictly, just to get my Louis fix every Saturday eve. Should be great for the Final. I did think it was right for Lisa to go as, although she's a great performer even she admitted she wasn't as technical as all the others. Yes, I think Nimble Kimble will get it, although I do love what Dani has done for such a youngster. Bradley was also right to get crowned SPOTY, OH got his vote in eventually, which made all the difference 😉
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas being as comfortable as you can be with treatments etc, sorry if I've missed any questions I could have helpd with, using an iPad is still very challenging on the website. Oh, any sorry for any typos or silly corrections that the iPad does, it has a mind of its own on here.
Take care
Nicky x

Buffy3

Hi, have had a rough few days after chemo..hopefully will fell a bit more like me today. The chemo haze is going, my tastebuds returning and nausea has subsided I just feel so tired and have 3 EC to go. Seems a long way away today. Plus I ache, I have had wbc booster and not been up very much. I need to move today. SE really bring me down.

Good luck at the pain clinic Dawn, its a shame youve had to wait so long. Lisa I have zometa every 3 weeks at mo..was 4 before chemo so wouldnt like to say why your mum has had hers changed. Natasha the summer was so emotional in so many ways. I am not really sure why I am awake even..it is cold, my OH has been in the spare room since Friday, as I am not a pretty sight or smell! Missing him at mo. Love and hugs to all. Mel x

Lisalauren

Hi all
My mother was DX 3 months ago and was given a zometa infusion once a month. She saw her oncologist last week who told her after the next infusion she will only need it every 2-3 months. I have been reading a lot of posts on zometa and it seems like in most cases when on Arimedex (which my mother is on) most ladies have it every month.
Would anyone out there have some knowledge why she would need it less frequently?
Lisa x
dawnhc

Tomorrow I have an appoint at Kings College Hospital, London to see their Pain Clinic Consultant. The clinic at the Royal Marsden finally got their finger out!!! This referral was discussed back in August and my suspicions are that they forgot to write the letter. Anyway the appointment I have tomorrow is an urgent one and I know they have overbooked me into her clinic. It was originally to discuss the possiblity of having an intrethecal drug device implanted into my spine. It all sounds a bit scary and I had said that I would want to discuss this first with their consultant. It feels good to know someone is going back to square one and see where we go from there.

Tell you all about it when I get back.

Dawn

na7asha

Hey Buffy. I felt the same watching SP. I got my dx in June and had a terrible summer, the emotion of the olympics made me cry most days. Gave me something to do though, might have topped myself if I'd been stuck with bargain hunt every day. There are a couple of clips that still bring a lump to my throat. 😉

Claire - yay, stable is amazing. I'm 3 weeks into taxol and hope it works. Got more aches than usual though so am fretting. Off to see onc tomorrow to ask how long we give this one before we decide to swap again. Nothings worked yet and I really worry. Got to hope that the aches are the mets healing, but I don't think so. Ah well.

Re strictly, I cried with Lisa. She's such a fantastic character but the best dancers came through. Don't think Denise will win, unless she has a personality transplant and makes the public love her. I favor nimble kimble personally.

Katie - good for you, your treatment is still going well then?

Val, I would advise not going too long if you're getting an acrylic wig, I found that hair rubbing on clothes created friction and ruined the hair. I just felt untidy all the time, what started as a silky very life like wig ended up brittle and matted. And in only a couple of months. Picked up shorter bobs on Friday and feel much better. Also bought a crazy red wig, friends say is more suitable for fancy dress but I may just shock them one day

Good luck Liz, hope it goes well.

Lots of love everyone xxx
Buffy3

I agree, thought Lisa would be kept in by public vote. Oh well I cant complain, didnt vote. I dont like these few days after chemo...at least I will be vaguely ok for xmas.
Pleased to hear you managed a few moves on the dance floor...thats great.
Am feeling quite positive at mo...seem to have turned a corner of the roller coaster!!!
Just watching SP12, Olympics brings back bitter sweet memories as I had my dx and was also supposed to be getting married...which we did in the middle of the madness, even managed it down the small aisle without crutches. Such amazing day.
Just trying to decide who to vote for...Bradders, Ellie or Jessica! Prob get that wrong too.
I am so pleased to have found this thread, feel supported and it helps me too.
Have a great evening. Mel
Katie2002

Hi there Mel - am cheesed off with Strictly result. Was rooting for Lisa (she's a local girl)! Foregone conclusion when Denise in dance off as Len had said wouldn't be a final without her! think Lewis and Flavia will get my vote next week.
never say never with the dancing!!! I amazed myself last night - went to gig I go to every year (the saw drs) and couldn't get over I managed to remain standing the entire gig and did a let bit of dancing ( very diddle dee type moves)! I think the beer helped!!!! Like you I had EC - that feeling of being in a haze and constant lethargy will go!
Enjoy the rest of Your evening. Greetings to all xxxx

Buffy3

Good evening everyone. I had chemo ECx3 and am just coming out of that strange haze I seem to have. Been tucked up in bed, so sleepy and lethargic its unreal. Still much better this time with SE.
Strictly just about to come on, I wonder who will be out...I think it may be Lewis...I wonder if I am right! I used to love dancing...I suspect those days maybe over!!!

Anyway kind regards to all. Mel xxx
lucinda

Just trying to catch up on everyones news

Claire congratualtions!!!! stable is good and improvement even better.

Liz good luck.

Mel good luck wit chemo and hope scans are good - I get results of my 6 month scan Tuesday and have a gut feeling all may not be as well as before,but we shall see.

Val sorry you had a ba night.When I had tax I had it every 3 weeks and felt I had been hit by a bus.
Re wigs I had one the same colour as my own hair but chose one a little longer than I wanted it,then took it to my hairdresser and had it styled.Hope you mangage to enjoy the experience.Take care and be kind to yourself.Sending a hug xx

Buffy3

Hi, just had meeting with doc before next round of chemo...they were running really late today. White blood count low so have to have injection tomorrow...on a positive lump is softer and smaller...I'll take that as a positive...got scans booked on for 27th Dec...lets hope chemo is doing its thing. I sorted my wig today...decided to go for a shorter one as I my head gets hot, went for brown ish...so it will be silmilar when my hair grows back and not as obvious although Ive had long blond hair for years...cut it off once it started falling out. Wear a scarf at mo as it is comfy...wig felt itchy!!! Just waiting again for the hospital to ring to tell me to take my emend...before chemo today. I dont want a repeat of my 1st chemo where I was sick and ended up in hospital for a couple of days. Take care every one. Love Mel
nicky08
Community Champion

Claire that's great news 🙂 Hoping this helps brighten Christmas up for you, and eventually OH! Bah humbug 😉
Val, so sorry you had a rough night, I hope the meds help you feel a lot better and get you through this in the best way possible. As to wigs I chose one very similar to my hairstyle (at the time) which made me feel comfortable, well, as comfotable as you can do in a wig, and less obvious that I was having chemo. However, come the time to revela all once my hair grew back I was asked several times had I had a middle life crisis as I was very GI Jane 😉 which was so differnt to how people had seen me the day before! If/when I have to have one again I would go for a shorter style than I now have, although I have kept it quite short since it grew back so there's not such a contrast when it's grown back and you have to ditch the wig. However, as a personal choice I might not even have a wig next time, I didn't like wearing it at all but it did help me merge into the background.
Hope everyone is coping OK with current treatments and I must add I was very shocked to hear about Geewhiz, I had only just re-read a posting she did earlier this year about life insurance and all seemed to be Ok with her. Bl**dy awful disease.
Nicky x

scottishlass

Thanks Katie. I did have a wig 23 /24 years ago but I did wonder if things would be improved friom that time. My daughter said the same thing last night. Stay like your own hair colour and style. I was suggesting something with a hint of red. Will let you know how I get on.
Any other suggestions from others would be appreciated. Love to all Val

Katie2002

Sorry you had bad night val.
With regards to buying a wig - the shop I went to was brilliant. The lady who owns it had been thro chemo herself and decided to set up a shop as she didn't.t have a good experience when she went for wig. It was my 6 year old who came with me. When the lady got out a long bob wig similar to my own own hair colour - Alice just said it looks like you mummy. I had to agree. I think if you go to a specialist they are brill.i must admit I did go a bit mad after initial wig. I should've joined gormless thread then. I now have a great variety of wigs in all different colours via the Internet. It made all the kids at school when on the school run Smile. One little boy used to follow me when I wore the red one much to the amusement of his mum.
I think my advice would be though take your time and go for something like your own hair to start. Enjoy it though - its brilliant trying on different styles.
Let us know how you get on x

scottishlass

Spoke too soon. I had a really bad night. Stomach gurgling all night then had to take Loperamide. Had to cancel dental referral but have made another appointment in January. Tablets working so hopefully I will make the wig appointment this afternoon. Drinking lots of tea and glasses of water. My younger daughter has got a half day off work and is going to go to the wig shop with me. Good to have a second opinion. Not sure if I NEED to decide what I want TODAY or if they give you a bit of time to think about it. Did anyone on here know immediately what sort of wig they wanted? I know they wil have a good idea what will suit me but I am HOPELESS at deciding anything! Especially when on chemo. Any ideas ladies? Hugs Val

scottishlass

Great news Claire. Men are odd at times! Glad Taxol is proving to be working for you. I have just started the long journey with Taxol. Had one infusion on Tuesday and to go weekly until April, provided at the nine week stage it proved to be working for me.
Tomorrow I have 2 appointments. One at the dental hospital to check something and then in the afternoon I am going to see about having a wig ordered. Such a fun filled diary (NOT!) for me. Everyone else is wining and dining!
Still I got my Christmas Cards written AND posted today. Next project is to wrap the few presents I have got. Love to all boney ladies. Hope you are having some fun and not all appointments and waiting for results! Love Val

myfanwy18

Liz, you make me smile, I think you are right re: men. All my girlfriends are so happy for me, it puts in stark contrast my OH's reaction. You know, I think I love him just a bit less tonight.
Claire

lizcat

Claire - that is brill news. Stable is always great and an improvement from last time is even better. Your OH's reaction is men for you!!!!

myfanwy18

Oh, just to say I wish my OH was as happy as me. He just said don't jump up and down there's a long road ahead. He could make winning the lottery into a negative. Sorry for the moan, but I thought he'd be really happy but doesn't appear to be.
Claire

myfanwy18

Hi Boney ladies,
Yes, Lizh since going back to work in November I've had nothing but colds and coughs. Had a scan at the end of November and started to worry. Saw ONC today, I'm so pleased, my scan was even better than the one after treatment which was very good anyway. I asked her did that mean I was stable and she said yes, but this latest scan was an improvement. I feel I can really enjoy Christmas now, Taxol is obviously marvellous stuff!
Claire

dawnhc

Hi all,

As Thumbie had mentioned Adcal D3 in her post and in case any of you are worried that you don't get them I just wanted to mention that my onc at the Marsden does not prescribe them for me. Some oncs dish them out like sweeties LOL. Even though I have been on bisphos. for 10 years now, my calcium levels have stayed normal. Ask your nurse if the blood tests they do are showing your calcium to be low. If it is normal and you take them as a supplement it can push your levels up too high which is not good.

Dawn
xx

lizcat

Thanks Liz - have heard great results from it so fingers crossed! Think we all forget we are ssusceptible to normal ailments too. I thought I had a lump in a lymph node under my arm the other night and thought sh!t as you do. It was just a spot!!!!

lizH

Hi All,

Not posted for ages but still read all the emails .
Have been feeling really un-well the last month or so, bad cold and a cough i could'nt get rid of.
In the middle of feeling rough i had my bone scan and CT and started to get panicky that something was up but i am pleased to say i had a really good appt with Consultant last week and all is well!! It is so difficult to seperate day to day illnesses from others problems.
Anyone else feel like this?
Good luck Liz for the 21st
with good wishes to all xx

lizH

ooops! clicked twice!

Thumbie

Sorry, lisalauren, I have just noticed that your mum is on anastrozole, so she is having hormone therapy. I didn't read your post carefully enough, having just been out on the razzle with my book group friends.
To anyone out there who is having or has recently had a hip replacement in the fight, 12 months after mine I was striding round town yesterday, up and down hills and stairs for 3 hours with no pain or ill-effects, and despite progression since the replacement radiotherapy has meant I have been able to come off morphine and manage my pain with the occasional paracetamol. I am contemplating finding some paid work after the holiday. Hurray for the NHS!

joanne130

Can I just say a qucik thank you to everyone who has responded. it has made me see that all is not lost and there is still hope. Think I just had a 'blip' yesterday. Feel more positive today.