Positive story

Hi all, 

Just wanted to share my fantastic news again. 2009 DX with grade and stage 1 BC. Lump removed, radiotherapy and 5 years on tamoxifen. In 2016 was DX with metastatic breast cancer which is Inoperble. Had 6 months of chemo and letrozole. Just had the results of my latest ct scan and all is still stable. I’m now 3 1/2 years on with metastatic. Just wanted to share to give anybody a lift going through a difficult time.

Fantastic news ? still stable lovely of you to share with everyone who is on or seeking anything from the forum ? ??:sparkles::sparkles:shi xx

Well done what fantastic news always glad to hear that metastatic breast cancer is treatable for long periods of time.Could I please ask,but don’t mind if you don’t want to say,where are your mets.xxx just curious.xxxx

Thanks so much for posting this.  I am only six months on after diagnosis of bone mets in my spine and it is really good to see positive stories.  Long may you continue to be stable xx

Thank you for sharing your very positive news. It has certainly lifted my spirits . I wish you continued good health. ???

thank you!

This story inspired me…

I am new to the forum and want to share my positive story also.  I was originally diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer in 1996-had lumpectomy, chemo, radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen.  In 2013 I was diagnosed with stage 4 Estrogen Positive cancer in my bones and lungs. Took Letrozole, Ibrance and then the shots (I forget the name).  It changed to Triple Negative two years ago so I had four months of chemo infusions and then I have been on Xeloda chemo pills for two years. All this time my cancer has not progressed-I have been stable.  A month ago a very small lesion was detected on my liver and the liver biopsy found it was surprisingly back to estrogen positive which is very good news because it can be treated with a hormone lowering drug. I still take Xeloda. There are other options such as a type of radiation if the drug doesn’t do the trick. Sorry for the very long story but my point is that I have been stable since my reoccurrence 6 1/2 years ago.  Cancer can be a chronic disease treated with medication.  I have been on this journey for a total of 23 years!