TNBC - anyone on Plasma Match trial or on Olaparib

Is anyone with TNBC on the Plasma Match trial? This would be Group E for treatment with Olaparib and AZD6738. I have lung mets which have shown progression on last couple of scans and my onc has suggested the trial. I have been treatment free for 18 months as I don’t really have symptoms from mets.I seem to have a non agressive TNBC - lucky me!! I am in Kent so would go to Maidstone Kent Oncology Centre.

Anyone had any experience with Olaparib? I need to decide whether I can cope with reduced immunity from the drugs with the dreaded virus still around, particularly as the monitoring for the trial involves lots of blood tests, ct’s etc so plenty of hospital visits.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts/ eperience of this.

Thanks, stay safe and well. Pam x

Hello Newgrandma,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry you haven’t had a response yet. I am hoping my message will help our members to find your post and share their advice and experience.

For clinical questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Nurses or post your question on to Ask Our Nurses board.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Zoe

Hi Newgrandma

im also mTNBC and have looked at this trial, Plasma Match.  If it were me I’d go for it.  I went for radiotherapy every day to a London hospital for radiotherapy at the height of the coronavirus situation and I was fine…kept very safe.  It’s about risk v benefit.

mexico

Hi newgrandma

My step mum is on the olaparib and AZD6738 trial. She started this before COVID and has remained well throughout. She has her bloods checked and the meds arrive by courier. So far she has had a good response- tumour not able to be felt and shows a decrease in size on scan and lung met has disappeared. Good luck with what you decide to do

Hi there!

My partner Christine started the trial yesterday. It would be great to share progress/tips. She has TNBC.

Today she’s feeling quite tired but so far so good.

Thanks!

Ella

Hi!

Thanks for your update. So that’s good stable news. We will get results this week.

Christine’s foot pain does get a little better after walking thanks for the advice.

Shes also trying taking AZD at night instead of the morning which means she naturally sleeps through the worst and is better during the day.

Take care!

Morning Pam,

Just wanted to give you some reassurance about Eribulin and the Covid vaccine. I have been on Eribulin since the end of Sept and had my vaccine last Friday. My oncologist was keen for me to have the vaccine and my chemo wasn’t delayed because of it. (I had it again yesterday) Ideally it’s best to have the vaccine before you start a new chemo cycle because your immunity is at its highest, but my oncologist didn’t seem too worried about that, she was more anxious that I got the vaccine when it was offered.

I think I remember reading once that you’re in Kent? So am I.

Best wishes, Jencat x