anastrozol

hi all 

has anyone had bad side effects when taking anastrozol??.

thanks renee

Hello Renee

Ha ha …you can run but not get away from me !! I took this for two years but had the original one arimidex …don’t remember any problems.
You would be better to pop over to another thread called “going through treatment” …hormone therapies …there is oodles of info there as the primary ladies take it too.
Don’t forget us on the bone Mets thread though …
Hugs xx

Renee …It’s ts hard to say as everyone seems to have different side effects …taking any hormonal pills can cause nausea and tummy problems but it could be anything really.
All i can offer is to stop the tablet for one day and see if the nausea goes …then you will know its the tablet …
Xxx

Hi. I had nausea so changed to taking it at night which meant I slept through it. However a year in and the nausea has gone, presumably I’ve got used to it now. X

Renee
How horrible for you …drink lots and try to eat a bit of toast or something …
Take care of yourself xxxxx

hi jazmia,

my mom has been on anastrozol (arimedex) since jan of 2013 . her side effects mostly consisted of joint pain and lots of hot flashes.

hope all is well and the medicine doesnt bother you too much

joelle praying for a cure xoxo

Oh Renee …I do hope the pain eases off …it’s horrible for you …
Sending loads of hugs xxx

Hello Renee
Just popping in to see if you are feeling better today.
Xx

Renee

Glad u r feeling better …I should contact bcn about the hormone pill as to be honest …we deserve some quality of life as well. Being sick and in pain is no good for you.

My aunty died a few weeks ago too aged 94 …great age and a happy release really …she had the last laugh …requested no black at her funeral …pink and purples …so my sister and I were dressed up in the most gory dresses (ever) especially as we live in jeans and leggings …looked like two drag queens !!!

Hugs xxx

Iv been on anastrozole now for about 3 months iv got aches and pains every where some days it’s worse than others I try to not take pain killers but sometimes especially at night I have to and when yr awake at 2 pm yr brain is working overtime ! ?

Hi Christine
I shouldn’t be too harsh on yourself about taking painkillers. I went to a BCC meet up in the depths of Cornwall where there was a talk by two cancer nurses on pain control. They said if you need painkillers take them. Quality of life is important as is sleep! I’m not on anastrazole but I think all the hormone inhibitors have a similar effect. My feet hurt
Hope you find a regime for your pain
Bon xx

Thank you I think I was just having a melt down today iv not had one for a while when hubby came home I had a good cry feeling better now ?