liver secondaries

hi I was diagnosed with breast cancer 18 years ago

I had had no treatment other than lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy which was clear. So my prognosis was good. After 7 years it came back and my liver had many small secondaries.

I was put on letrazole which cleared it on my MRI’s for 11 years.

I am now completely gutted that it has come back a third time in my liver again. two small secondaries.

It is not in my bones at present as I have had a bone scan.

First time round it was oestrogen pos not told Her status.

I am going for a liver biopsy on Tuesday, but am so worried about the next steps ie treatment

I’m sure there is something for me but no idea what ??

I cant tell you how upset I am about this news and desperate for you to send me some help

thanks Noz 

noz Please look up metupuk.org.uk there is a lot of info there too Could help while waiting for response from bcn and other thread users :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi xx

I feel bad for you. I have secondary breast cancer in my bones. Today I have been told it has spread to my liver, I have a liver biopsy on Monday. 

Hi Noz,

While not the news you were expecting, it’s amazing that your initial liver mets cleared up on Letrezole for all those years!

My primary was in 1999 and returned to bones 2014 then liver 2018 so I’m almost 7 years with Secondary. As I understand it because our cancer is “ old cancer” it can be less aggressive and a bit lazy. That’s good news for you plus the amazing new drugs that have cone around since your last diagnosis. If you are still ER + it’s possible you might be put on one of the new oral targeted drugs such as palbociclib or Abemaciclib or ribociclib. I was on Abemaciclib for my liver mets which kept them stable for 2 and half years. I had it along with fulvestrant injections every month ( one in each buttock). Following progression I’m now on an oral chemo called capecitabine. 

Its horrid when you hear it’s come back but, as you know from before, once you get your treatment plan you will start to feel a bit more in control.

lots of info on these boards

wishing you well

Debs x

Hi Noz I was diagnosed with liver mets I’m March I had quite a lot of them.

im on palbociclib and Letrozole and there has been significant shrinkage and hardly any there after 4 months treatment,

hope this gives you hope 

cathy xx