Scared of mum's diagnosis

Hi 

Was just wanting to get some positive feedback, as feeling very scared and distressed.  My mum has been diagnosed with metastic breast cancer after 7 years clear, its in her breast, ribs, lung and waiting to have further scans.  I have read some posts where others have mums diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer spread to other sites, and between ages of 65 to 75 and they were only given 3-6 months to live.  I was trying to be positive after reading they can manage stage 4 for many years …   Does anyone have experience of their mum surviving more than this?

Welcome to the forum . I’m so sorry you are having such a worrying time with your Mum. Obviously everyone’s individual circumstances are very different but there are ladies on this forum who have lived for many years with mets and one of our Community Champions is 16 years with bone and lung metastases so there is still hope . I hope your Mum has many years ahead of her :crossed_fingers: xx

Hi Stargate 

I’m so so sorry about the distressing news about your mum.

My mum is 70 and was diagnosed 8 months ago having been in remission for 15 years. Whilst there are ups and downs and we dont know what the future holds, she is able to go about much of her normal life on her current treatment. There are many women in this community and beyond who have lived for many years with SBC so there is hope. There are many treatment options and many new treatments being developed all the time which make the statistics on Google out of date (though I appreciate it’s difficult not to google).

It’s scary and overwhelming, but there are many reasons to be hopeful Xxxx