worried

Hi ive posted before my mum (53) got diagnosed oct 2011 with bc lymph nodes (3/5 but thats before clearance… this worries me too… can they jump to others?) involved, shes having chemo cyclophospamide and one im not sure of… then mx and 3 weeks of rads.

Shes been complaining of a pain thats in her right hand side under ribs than sometimes radiates to the left… My aunt had breast cancer that spread to her liver so now im worried sick. We rang the Bc nurse and she said she isnt too worried as the pain would be constant (my mums isnt) and that the liver function tests show abnormalities and that abdomanal pain is common with this type of chemo… is there anyone whos had similar? Shes also had to have the PEG injections as her blood count goes low and she ends up in hospital and i know this cause bone pain etc…

Just worry myself stupid and i know this makes my mum worry too :frowning: any help would be great

Cat,
I’m 61 and on cyclophosphamide and two other drugs. I also get the immune-booster drug and have had pains just like your mum’s. I had an ultrasound scan on my liver (for other reasons) this week and all was fine. Believe me,I was petrified until I heard there was nothing to see.
Tell your mum that ribs, being finer than most other bones, probably feel the effects of the immune drug more acutely. Of course she should ask doctors about the pain but it’s almost guaranteed to be PFG.
Hope you can worry a bit less now.
Love,
Kathleen

Hi cat23

As well as the support you receive from the other users if you would like to talk through your concerns about your Mum please do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000. Here you can talk to a trained member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 9 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator