1st posting

Hi,
Not sure where to begin.
I was diagnosed with BC on the 19th Dec 2011.
I had biopsey same day found 3 areas in same breast
Y-day had MRI.
I know I have to have surgery & raidio-therapy.
Have results from scan on the 6th jan.
Can’t describe way I feel
Can anyone help please

Hi Blod,

Such an awful time for you, I think it is all such a shock to the system that you are completely knocked off your feet when you receive diagnosis. Your mind goes into overdrive and it’s difficult to feel calm, this forum is great for support/help so keep posting with any worries or concerns, best of luck to you for the 6th, take care and lots of hugs to you xx

Hi Blod and welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry to read about your diagnosis and the way you are feeling, in addition to the support you have here I am posting a link to the BCC newly diagnosed web page where you will find a range of information and support services which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Our helpline is open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 902 on 0808 800 6000, please feel free to call for further support and information

Take care
Lucy

hi blod,

know exactly how your feeling right now, I was diagnosed on 22nd december, i have two areas in my breast and your mind runs wild thinking that because you have more than one area it is the worst case senario but it isnt, the doctor says it dosnt make it any worse if you have more than one area, they can all be removed. Its such a shock when you but everyone is so supportive on this site everyone is so very nice and you get some very comforting advice. Take care

debh

Hi blod know just how you feel, diagnosed 20/12 had mri last weds 28/12 asnd get the results tomorrow.Already been told to expect marecomy and chemo and dont know if it is in lymph nodes.will let you know how i get on tomorrow but am really scared.D

Hi Blod,

I was diagnosed back in November, I had an MRI, the WLE and x6 ln, then went on to have mastectomy. I have now started chemo.

To begin with it is a total shock, and everything feels out of control.
It is a total rollercoaster of feelings as you get all the results.

However 2 months in, now I have had x2 operations and have started chemo it is much beter. Once you know what you need and what the plan of action is you will feel better. None of the operations were as bad as I thought they would be, and you just have to count the chemo down if you need it.

Good luck, you are not alone.

Fiona

Hiya…u will feel better when u know what ure fighting and start a treatment plan. I am at the radiotherapy bit now, had chemo, mx, tamoxifen. I never thought I would get here, but I did. That’s because it’s not as bad in reality as we imagine , you will do this, honest take it one day and one step at a time, don’t over think and don’t google. If you have a question ask on here or call ure breast care nurse, never sit and worry. You will get good advice here that will get you threw sticky patches. Keep posting here as it helps, you will meet people who will be at the same stage as you . I was part of the starting chemo in June thread and we really helped each other. I am 45, but u will meet all ages for advice. Pm me anytime , take care.
Xxxx

Thank you for reply & kind words.
Xxxxx

hi Blod, how are you? xx