1st taxotere!

Hi Anne, glad you’re feeling better and thanks for coming back to me so quickly! Pauline, thanks for your best wishes…when are you starting tax?
love A xx

Hi Pauline,

I wasn’t able to work between the first and second dose of Tax, but after that I took a week off after each dose and then returned to work. I do a fairly physical job - window dressing - which entails a lot of lugging about, but I do get a lot of help from my colleagues which is great and have been leaving a little earlier than normal, but only by an hour or so.

Good wishes for the new year, lets hope its a better one for all of us.

Take Care,

Tracy xxx

Hi all

It seems very strange to be sitting here reading all the Tax symptoms and suffering every one of them. Not fun…

I had to go to the doctor in the end on Thursday as I was feeling so lousy (had a dreadful xmas unfortunately) and it seems I have picked up my husband’s chest infection and so has my son. There is no peace to be had in this household with all the dreadful coughing going on, the only one to escape so far is my daughter (fingers crossed). The antibiotics are making me feel so much better now I hope New Year will be better.

I hope you all have a good New Year and it brings the results we are all looking for…

Love

Caroline x

Hi all,
Had the last of my 4 EC yesterday. Have been given steroids in prep for my first Tax on the 18th (I thought it was herceptin first.but not so).
I was told I would have to take antibiotics after day 5 (of the Tax), why is this as I dont have an infection or anything, stupid me forgot to ask as was told this while having chemo and wasn’t feeling so good, the effect of the C kicks in as soon as.

Hugs for those of you sufferring,
Jackie xxxx

Andrea

I had my first tax on 18th December and the second is due 8th January.

Yesterday I started to have stomach cramps and then had diarrhoea, which wasn’t very nice! Today I’m only drinking water and feel better. Having been told this is also a side-effect I’m not that worried I just should have asked what they wanted me to do about it if it did happen.

love from

Pauline

Well it’s been 10 days since first tax and yes my bones and nails did ache but I feel good. I have a few scuffs on my knuckles from grating and peeling veg which are not healing very well (I suspose my immune system is over doing it). Now also have huge blister on little toe from new walking boots and walking 6 miles in them this morning! Hubby says I should be taking more care of myself and not subjecting myself to walks etc. …
Mentally feeling pretty low (that’s why I did the walk), two more tax to go then five weeks of rads. I’m sick to the bone now and just want to be left alone!! I certainly wont be enjoying the daily drive to hosp for 5 weeks.
Stop the bus… I wanna get off!!

love Vanessa

Hi girls, just wanted to send best wishes to everyone through this journey with the dreaded tax! I must admit I have become paranoid about every ache and pain, dizziness, shortness of breath…I won’t be sure whether any symptoms are psycho symatic (sp?!) or due to the tax. Am on day 2 of first tax and just suffering from a swollen tongue! sounds very strange…but a bit uncomfortable. Glad not to be suffering the awful sickness with FEC.

Hope you are all doing well…roll on 1st Rads thread!!

Lots of love, A xxx

Hi everyone

Vanessa - glad you are feeling sort of ok, but know exactly where you are coming from - stop I want to get off too - had enough of playing ball!!! I am having to have 6 weeks of rads and it is at least an hour to the hospital each way - oh well - has too be done,.
Andrea - glad you are too not feeling too bad - my mouth is much worse with the tax and now have ulcers and a sore tongue - so with you all the way on roll on the 1st rads thread.
Caroline - Tax is so much harder than fec except the sickness. I too have been realy rough over xmas but much better by 27th - but finding if I do too much I pay for it. Know what you mean about coughing - seem to have the same symptons but had to start antibitiics day 5 and they seem to have done the trick.
Jackie - I was told the antibitotics are to help your system fight any infection as the tax totally wipes out any of your own. Toxic stuff apparently!!!
When my onc told me the list of side effects - it sounded so wonderful and when I challenged him - he said it was gold star stuff and that all reasearch has shown excellent results - thats what I like to hear - will have to put up with the crap for a while - i suppose.
I am feeling ok except my mouth and anything sweet tastes yuk - looks like just get back to normal and have to have tax again.
Hope everyone is well, take Care

Love

Anne x

Hi All,

Hope everyone is feeling bit better, sounds like TAX hits you very much harder physically than FEC - had my last FEC on Thursday and am due my first TAX on Jan 17th.

Sorry can’t give any advice as am looking to you all for exactly that I suppose, but just want to send good wishes, and hope you all have lovely New Years Eve tomorrow - roll on 2008 and end of chemo!

love and hugs,

Louisa xxx

Happy new year to you all. 2008 is the year we return to our former selves.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself last night just knowing you are starting the new year with this thing to deal with and am really fed up having no hair but on the other hand I have a lot to be thankful for. Looks like my rads will be over the easter hols too which is a real real pain unless they can be flexible.

1st tax Jan 9th.

love Cally

Happy New Year to you all. Well yes the physical effects from Tax are getting me. I have sores up my nostrils! Stop picking it!!! My blister is purple and looking angry and now my feet and ankles are very very puffy. Definately hits you harder in other ways this Tax
xxx Vanessa

hi all, had my first tax today i was a bit nervous going to weston park cancer hospital in sheffield ( brings it home to you when you see people a lot worse off than yourself although you don’t stand out as much as you are all in the same boat) had my 3 fec at barnsley general and people give you that look when you go up to the dreaded chemo suite, anyway everything went ok, i go back tomorrow morning for my 1st herceptin and if it goes ok without allergic reaction i can have it together with my 5th and 6th tax which will be good because it will be 1 appointment not 2, feel ok at the moment will see what the next few days will bring.

love to all MIZZY***

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is well.

Mizzy - glad yesterday went well and good luck for today - hopefully you will be able to have them together next time - it will make things much easier.
I found day 4-7 the worst but no nausea. Mouth was terrible and stayed that way until a bout day 10.
Only two more to go - then rads and tamoxifen for me.

There will be a few people joining us soon i believe - a few starting tax in the next few weeks.
Cally and Louisa - good luck for your 1st tax.

Take Care, Love

Anne x

Hello All

I have just had my 2nd of 6 Taxotere. Didn’t have too many side effects from the 1st apart from picking up a nasty virus from work and having to be admitted to hospital for IV ABs. The 2nd not so good…very sore mouth…upset stomach…and aching as though I have been kicked around the football field.

Sorry I cut that short… I am having my second course of chemo (the last being 9 years ago) after being diagnosed with mets to my ovaries and Omentum…I have lurked on the board for a number of years but haven’t really posted before. Look forward to gettieng to know some of you better as we go through this awful journey together.

Ann X

Hi Ann

Welcome Ann. I am sorry this is the 2nd time you have had to undergo chemo - bloody awful stuff, This tax is definetly harder than fec - well for me anyway. I am sorry you had to be admitted to hospital with virus.
There willbe several of us i think.

Vanessa - how are you
Caroline - how are you

Both of your 2nd tax are due early next week i believe - I hope all is well.

Please take care, love

Anne x

Hi Anne, Ann, Mizzy, Vanessa, Cally and All,

Hope the herceptin went okay Mizzy, not good to have to go in on two consecutive days I would imagine - after my treatment one of the things that keeps me sane is the thought of three weeks away from the hospital!

Ann, Hi and hope you’re feeling okay, have heard pineapple helps with the sore and bad tasting mouth - might be worth try? Haven’t started my Tax yet, due on 17 Jan, just finished the last of 4 Fec so am only able to give moral not practical support - so sending lots of hugs!

Anne and Vanessa, sounds like it’s hard going at the moment, keep telling myself am halfway through treatment, keep going, and you’re even further on so good on you ladies, stay strong! (remind me I said that in three weeks time and I’m crying like a baby in the chemo suite like I always do!!)

Cally, Hi! hope you’re doing okay and the squirrels are still singing - did you manage to arrange your posh tea at Clarridges yet? could be an opportunity for a bit of sale shopping at the same time?

Shall go and try to get children in bed now, have somehow managed to break that 9pm watershed for the past couple of nights and Tuesday’s return to school is going to come as horrible shock to them if I don’t start and ease them back into routine - bound to end in tears, but here goes!

Love to you all,

Louisa xxx

Hi all

Hope everyone is doing ok? I am posting after my first Tax on Monday and I need some keep strong messages!! I feel rubbish!! I keep telling myself only 2 more to go now and my chemo will be finished on the 11th Feb. My first Tax went well but low and behold yesterday and today I feel pants, bad mouth, tingling feet, restlestness, just general feeling of flu and its really doing my head in! I hate sitting around and doing nothing but just have no energy and cant sleep!! AARRGGHHH. I have to be honest and say this is harder than FEC but it this then because our bodies are getting more tired as time goes on?

Love to you all
Mel x x x

Hi Mel,

Sorry to hear you are feeling pants…today is day 5 (is that right), hopefully tomorrow or Sunday you should feel LOADS better. There seems to be more side effects with the Tax but stick with us and we’ll see it through together.

Hi Anne, Caroline, Louisa, Vanessa, Cally (hope I haven’t missed anyone) hope all is going well, Ann hope you are feeling better now.

Has anyone tried Aloe Vera toothpaste? I started using it after getting mouth ulcers after my first FEC and haven’t (touch wood) had any since.

Lots of love, Andrea xxx

Hi Andrea

Yes day 5 today so hopefully should start to feel better by tomorrow (fingers crossed!). I’m so glad to have you all here on this Tax thread, I feel like tearing my hair out!! ha ha pardon the pun!!

I havent tried the Aloe Vera toothpaste but i’ve been using anti-bacterial toothpaste and mouthwash and so far all ok, just wolfed down a big dinner which I couldnt taste but feeling a bit better at the moment, I just need some sleep!!!

Lots of love
Mel x x x