21 out of 23 lymph nodes clear but now I need to make a decision re Oncotype dx test??

Hello, my news after my second surgery was good. 21 out of 23 nodes clear and now all tumour margins are clear. so I was really happy.  I have now been offered the chance to take part in a research study involving using Oncotype dx to determine whether I would benefit from chemotherapy.  I have until Friday to decide.  I could skip the test and just opt forchemo or take part in test and know more about my future chances and maybe avoid chemo.  I really dont know what to do.  Does anyone have any advce or experiences to share?  Frances

Hi Frances

Whilst you wait for the other users to reply with their experiences you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline.  Here you can talk through your options with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, Facilitator

I would defiantly go with the study, why put yourself through chemo when it might not have any benefit for you? I wish I had been given a choice, as chemo was very unpleasant and I am still suffering from the side effects over a year later. You don’t say what type of cancer you have? I have been reading up about this oncotype test they seem to do in the USA but don’t seem to do it here unless you are very young as its costs so much money.