27 year old with a newborn!!!

Wow that’s great, I used to run as well! I had just got going again for about 4-5 weeks and then I was hit by this bombshell!

Oh yes, I forgot you are having yours 2 weekly, we will now be out of sync! It’s scary how quickly they come around again, am worried that I am going to start to feel worse with the next one!

No results yet, I had my test done on the 4th July and was told it takes up to 8-10 weeks. I have a telephone appointment booked for 13th Sep to find out but was told they would contact me as soon as they got them back so could hear earlier than that! I had mine done at Guys Hospital, is that where you went?

Yes you’re right I did have surgery first. Have you been told for definite you will be having a mastectomy after then? I thought they decided that after your chemo had finished?

Had a few side effects but nothing major, hard to know if they have been caused by the chemo or the ridiculous heat though! I’m doing ok thanks but just worried about it eventually ‘hitting’ if you like as I have been coping ok with it so far! Guess you feel the same?

As you are having your treatment on Friday, I assume your blood test is tomorrow? If it is, I hope it goes ok and you get the green light for go!

XxX

Yes I probably do feel good enough but thought it would be best to save my energy! I was told that whatever side effects/experiences you had the first time round it generally remained the same or very similar so if that’s how you have been feeling each time then I would expect that pattern to continue for you which would be nice!

I did wonder if there would be a difference between the 2 drugs. Did anyone say what it was like when they finished the EC and had the first cycle of the next drug? I’m kind of expecting that one to be quite bad due of the change but I could be wrong!

Yes I have looked into counselling and am having a pre-assessment next week to match me up to a counsellor. Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long to get started properly! I think it is a good idea to have something in place anyway.

We have been trying to do an outing each weekend, with just the 3 of us, which has been nice so will be doing something like that this weekend! Then in the week while my husband is working I normally go and see various family members or friends for the day.

How about you? What have you been up to this week while you have been feeling good? Other than exercising of course!

How is Ellie doing? Has she settled a bit more yet now the weather has calmed down a bit?

Well I hope your bloods were ok and all the best for tomorrow! Will be thinking of you and hope that it isn’t too much worse than usual! I appreciate you might be quiet on here for a few days but when you can and feel up to it, please let me know how you’re doing!

Take care

XxX

Sorry to hear the nausea has been a bit worse this time round :frowning: hopefully it will only last a few days and then pass.

Oh ok, yes it would be interesting to take a look at it! I think we can private message on here but haven’t quite worked out how to do it yet!

That’s interesting to know, although I hope the EC doesn’t get worse! I’m not looking forward to Friday as I’m having it done first thing in the morning :frowning: would prefer later in the day so it’s closer to going to bed and sleeping it off!

So pleased to hear you got the Zoladex injection sorted in the end! I bet you must feel so relieved! Yes it is a horrible needle, it really hurt the first time I had it done at the hospital. In contrast, the second time I had it done by a nurse at my GP practice and she was much better! I was told they can numb it beforehand but I said if she is doing it next time I think I would be able to brave it!

That’s good you asked him about it. I’m sure he will choose whatever is best for you.

I’m glad to hear you have lots of support from friends who are new mums as well! I’m sure she will get better in no time at all and you won’t even realise it has happened. We had exactly the same problem!

Our little man is doing well thank you! Moved him into his own room this weekend which has been great and he has really taken to his food as well, his favourite has been banana so far! Before you know it you will be making purées for Ellie!

XxX

I’ll pray for you and hope everything will be fine… Wish all the best for yot and your baby <3