27 years old lumpy breast

Hello, I found a lump at the top of my left breast. There’s also a lot of thick tissue around the lump. And the whole area just feels quite lumpy and bumpy. The other side is totally different, no lumps or anything. I went to my doctor who said “it wasn’t screaming cancer” to her, but she would refer me to the breast clinic. She also said she could tell that it wasn’t a fibroadenoma or a cyst.
I had googled my symptoms before I went to see my doctor and pretty much convinced myself that it was a fibroadenoma, so I feel a bit clueless now.
My appointment at the breast clinic is still a week away and I just feel constantly worried.
Has anyone else had similar symptoms amd know what I could have? My lump is ill defined and bumpy. It’s also attached, if that makes sense.
I breastfed my daughter for 2 years. I stopped a year and a half ago. Could it be something to do with that?
I’m just feeling a bit clueless as it what it could be…

Hi Sarah,

Only the breast clinic can get to the bottom of what it is, so it’s not possible to surmise, however, the good news is, that of all the things it can be, bc is the least likely.

Google is not helpful in this situation, it can make any anxiety worse & doesn’t change anything, so it’s best avoided. Use this site if you need info.

It’s good you’ve been referred, so just try to put it out of you mind & carry on as normal until your appointment.

take care

ann x

Thanks Ann, I’m staying away from google and trying not to think about it too much. I think it’s just the wait getting to me a bit. It just feels a bit frustrating.
Thank you for your kind words.
Sarah