2nd Year Mammogram

After having a telephone review I was sent a appt for my 2nd Mammogram which was Friday just gone 18th September.

I was in a terrible state all week & had panic attack while there & constantly crying.

Have to wait now for results

I am more anxious/scared/stressed about this one, convincing my self it will be bad news !!

Instead of calming down I have got worse & in a state of terror most of the time.
I do talk to counsellor & I also have been given medication but nothing helps.

Hi 

I’m sorry you’re feeling like you do, it’s so tough post treatment isn’t it? I wish I could come up with a solution to help you but it sounds like you’re doing everything you can for now. Was your BCN there at the appointment? Was you able to talk to her? 

I’m 18 months post treatment and feel very similar to how you describe which no one around me understands. I’ve still got pain from surgery and follow up appointments were cancelled. I’ve finally got one for Friday. 

I find just keeping busy, plodding on helps to get through the day for now. I’m having counselling which is helping but it’s going to take time. 

Sorry I’m not helping but I didn’t want to read and not reply. I just wanted to say that you’re not alone and that I hope youre worrying for nothing over the mammogram. Take care xx 

Hi MoDo

I must confess my heart sank when my oncologist told me my hospital is on track with mammograms and I’ll have my 2nd follow-up in October. I hate them. I get claustrophobic, my imagination runs into overdrive and once I remember an alarm bell and found myself with 6 medical staff surrounding me (still attached to the machine) because I’d fainted. First and only time in my life! I can’t even see the point - I had two tumours yet a clear mammogram!! What’s the point?

I’m attaching a link to a brilliant article written by a consultant attached to my hospital. One of the nurses here posted it on the site but I don’t know where you can find it. I read it repeatedly. I hope you and the others who replied to your post with the same fears find something in it to help or comfort them.

workingwithcancer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/After-the-treatment-finishes-then-what.pdf

Give it a read. Someone understands us! Hope you get the results soon x