36, new mum and terrified

I know how you feel about the long wait. I was diagnosed with multi focal lobular breast cancer back in 2001. I had to wait 2 weeks for my mastectomy and I was the same as you, imagining the cells multiplying. Since that first diagnosis I’ve had 3 more recurrences on the same breast even though I’d had a mastectomy, the 2nd and 3rd recurrences were luckily just localised and only required minor surgery and no treatment. I’m now on my 4th bout of BC (again on the same side) but this time it’s incurable, but treatable. I’m not terminal yet. Treatment is going well. I’m on chemo tablets - capecitabine. The light at the end of my tunnel is still there, but slowly fading. Please try to stay positive, as hard as it may be. Modern cancer treatment has come on leaps and bounds. A friend of mine has stage 4 triple negative BC and she was diagnosed over 6 years ago and she’s still here, on her second bout of chemo. She is my inspiration. Unfortunately I will never ring that bell, my cancer now will never leave me, it will ‘fall asleep’ a few months at a time and I’ll be off the chemo until it wakes up again. My heart goes out to you though, the worry and anxiety is always there. Stay strong. :pink_heart::pink_heart:

3 Likes