5K Your Way - Move Against Cancer - come along!

Hello; I was treated for breast cancer 6 years ago (aged 38) and my Mum has subsequently also been diagnosed. In trying to support people in a similar position; I helped start up 5K Your Way (5KYW) in Glasgow. 5KYW is an initiative from Move Charity - the idea is the last Saturday of every month; ambassadors such as myself; go to certain parkruns across the country to help encourage people affected by cancer to walk, run, volunteer or cheer at parkrun (there is no obligation to run all or any of it!) It’s about getting some activity but also building a supportive community of people who ‘get it.’ If you’re interested please check out 5K Your Way - Move Against Cancer If You’re interested in Glasgow, our email address is: elderparkglasgowgroup@5kyourway.org There are 98 locations across the country so hopefully if you are interested you can find one close!

3 Likes

I met some lovely 5K Your Way people at the Kettering Parkrun recently. I was on a bit of deadline otherwise I would have loved to chat some more with them.

2 Likes

That’s lovely to hear! Everyone is really friendly so if you have time the next time you’re there, please say hi!

1 Like