A BOOST for everyone today!! xxx

Just had to share this which happened to me earlier today:

I was in my Pharmacy and a very elderly lady was at the counter being served … must have been in her late 80’s.  She asked for some Letrozole and the assistant serving her said loudly “What’s it for?” 

She quietly whispered something and of course I knew what she’d said, so I said loudly “I have that too” and she turned to look at me.  We then spoke for 10 minutes and she asked me what side effects I have - she mentioned her hair falling out and went on to tell me she was diagnosed 40 years ago!!

Seriously, that made my day … 40 years and she’s still walking to the village Pharmacy … gave me such a boost!!

I’m sure it gave both of us a boost - to be able to actually talk to somebody who understands was epic not just for me, but also for her … we both left with a smile on our faces and I think I have a new ‘old’ friend in our Village :slightly_smiling_face: xxx

10 Likes

That’s lovely, thank you for sharing xx

So she’s been on endocrine therapy for a life time? Wow. That’s what I’m hoping to be able to do but we’ll see.

Thank you for sharing. I started taking Letrozole 2 weeks ago. If I take it for 40 years I’ll be 98, fingers crossed it works as well for me.

1 Like

That was so uplifting to hear. I also have neighbours who have all been through breast cancer over 22, 10 and 9 years disease free. There is hope, we just have to believe and look after each other. Thank you for sharing XX

2 Likes