A Lump Found in Left Breast

I have already had surgery in my Right Breast and awaiting scans and then chemo will start. My Surgeon told me last week that they found something on the Mammogram in the left Breast which they think is a Cyst but I am to have an MRI scan of the area. has anyone else had this experience as I am wondering if there might be cancer in that side too? Thanks Meg

Bumping this up for Meg

I was nearly finished 6 months chemo, following mastectomy and ANC on the left side, when I decided I had new lumps in my right breast. My onc and breast surgeon both felt that I had “fibrocystic changes only”, but my onc referred me for a check ultrasound.

The imaging centre doctor checked my ultrasound and ordered a mammogram " to be safe". After the scariest half hour or so of my life, he eventually agreed that there was no evidence of malignancy, and all I was feeling was fibrocystic and glandular tissue, all “normal”, he said.

So I got a copy of the report, and I’m going with that!

I went to the breast clinic with a lump in my left breast and the consultant found a lump in my right breast too. The lump in my left breast was a cyst though, as there was blood in the fluid drained it had to be sent to be tested. The lump in my right breast was cancer.

I had something show up on my ‘good’ boob and had an MRI scan before surgery to check and it showed up as dense tissue nothing serious. Hopefully yours will too. Good luck xx

Thanks ladies, I will take that and fingers crossed for me too, really dont want to end up with a double mastectomy, losing one breast in the future is one thing but to lose both would be awful for me but anyway we will wait and see, but feel more positive now so thanks all. Meg x