A natural alternative to Alendronic Acid anyone??

Hi Ladies

After several years on Letrazole I have just been diagnosed with osteoporsis.  I am now supposed to be starting alendronic acid but do not want to do this due to the possible side effects.  I have read that Ocen Milk (marine coral) is a good alternative but am unsure how to proceed as a lot if this is from the sea around Japan.

Having just seen my surgeon, he suggested stopping the Letrazole for 6 months and am now awaiting an appt with the oncologist.  I would appreciate any views on this subject.  Regards

Hi Chrisalex

Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their experiences do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your questions with a memeber of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as support and information. Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Look at the NOS website…National Osteoporisis Society.I was on AA for a while,then moved on to Ibandronate,once a month.I did have side effects with both,however,managed them,as rather have stronger bones and less likely to have a fracture,which can be life changing and debilitating.All medication has side effects.

My friend have had some positive experience with oleic acid. It was recommended to use with Trastuzumab, a drug that slows and contains tumor grow. After two month of the treatment there had been a small progress and she felt better.

Also I’ve found that Saint Mary’s thistle helps adjusting the level of estrogens in blood and is useful in treating hormone-dependent tumor. 

Also I’ve found some interesting information regarding alternative ways of breast cancer treatment here: paseka.us/cancer-types/breast-cancer/. Maybe you’ll find something of interest here too