A Writing Retreat In Italy May 2024

Hello All, I asked the admin of this website what was the best way to give this information and they suggested the Coffee Lounge. I hope I am in the right place?

I was diagnosed in 2016, I am now focusing my attention like us all, on trying to live my very best life. I have set up a retreat centre in Tuscany and next year, we are holding a writing through cancer retreat. Please take a read and if any of you would like more information, I am here to answer your questions.

A retreat that is focused on supporting women or those who support women through this uniquely personal experience. Both Aga and Carla’s very different experiences of the cancer journey work together to create a safe space to help you move forward.

Aga is a published writer and an experienced creative writing tutor.

Her breast cancer diagnosis made her think of the psychological benefits of writing and has inspired her to devise a creative writing workshop aimed specifically at breast cancer survivors.

The workshops are aimed at both complete beginners as well as people who are no strangers to writing. The participants don’t need to be writers at all, all they need is a motivation to write.

We will study different forms of therapeutic writing, letters, journaling, emails, social media posts, blogs, memoir, poetry and creative fiction. The workshops will also provide a ‘writer’s toolkit’, covering character and plot, structure, pace, dialogue and point of view, and it’ll help participants find their own, distinctive voice. A series of carefully moderated writing exercises will help participants find meaning in their experiences and view the emotional fallout of the disease from a new perspective.

The workshops will provide a safe and supportive space for self-expression and an opportunity to meet women who go through a similar experience and hear how they cope with the ups and downs of dealing with the diagnosis, the treatment and the journey afterwards. It will offer an opportunity to connect with other participants and form your own support group, which may remain in contact and continue to share experiences and advice.

Everything included on Retreat

Daily writing workshops with Aga
Daily Tai Chi sessions with Nicola
1-2-1 sessions with Aga to guide your writing project
A 90 min Amatsu treatment with Nicola
A Beautiful bedroom and communal spaces
All food, wine and soft drinks at the House
Countryside walks & trips to our favourite Italian spots
Connection with like minded Creatives
Support through your healing journey

2 Likes

Joy :heart: do you have a website link you can put on here please so Breast Cancer Now can let forum members view? Thank you :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Sure,

2 Likes

Thank you Joy :heart::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

So sad it’s just for ladies :face_holding_back_tears:

I have stage 4 breast cancer now in my lungs, and poetry and writing are the only true hobbies I have

Aside from my initial thoughts

I sincerely hope your retreat in 2024 goes exceptionally well, if the views of Tuscany do stir up a writing frenzy nothing will :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Kind regards
D

1 Like

Hello D,

You are right, those views do allow a giant out breath and a pause from the usual grind. At this point, this retreat is not just for women, I appreciate the wording does suggest that. We have pondered the idea of offering to any cancer patient or those that support any cancer patient as we all sadly know too well, how inclusive cancer is becoming these days.

1 Like

This is an excellent idea! I like it.

Thanks Steve, we think it will be, I’m hoping that offering a space for people to express as much as they want to or not will enable movement one way or the other. We have also hosted Long Covid retreats and the support that goes between the participants has been amazing to watch.

Aga, our writer and myself both have first hand experience unfortunately, it is such a journey for everyone surrounding the patient. I often mused that it was easier for me than those around me. Living is ultimately a joint effort if we are lucky.

Morning Joy,

You are absolutely right … it is a joint effort.

You will probably see later today a Press Release as “Loving Life” is being launched today.

Thank you for making contact and I will be taking a look later at the retreats you have planned for this year, as I think it will do us both the world of good.

Congratulations on the book, an amazing resource and very much needed