Abemaciclib and microblading

Hi,
I’m presently taking letrozole and Abemaciclib, my eye brows are disappearing and I’m considering microblading. Has anyone done this whilst on Abemaciclib.

Hi @shade

I hope someone on the forum will be able to share their personal experience with you about microblading. In the meantime, Cancer Hair Care has some great information on microblading that you may find helpful. We also recommend that you talk to your treatment team about your options.

Sending our warmest,
Lucy

1 Like

Hi
I had my eyebrows done before my chemotherapy but my beautician did say that because of infection and with being immune suppressed I could not have them done while on chemotherapy. I have just started abemaciclib and I was on the impression that the immune system is suppressed while taking these drugs. I was issued with a cancer treatment alert card again with these tablets . I didn’t even realise my beautician would not allow me to have a facial after chemotherapy for 2 years ,

Hi Janeymay,
That’s what I suspected. I wish I had thought about it before chemo but my head was a shed at the time. I’m having my bloods done tomorrow and at the hospital on Friday. Last month my neutrophils were 2 ( just normal) but my WBC was a little low at 3. I will see what they say. In life’s events having bald patches on my eye brows isn’t the end of the world. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Sorry this is worrying you but never feel that little things are trivial. When you have/getting over BC, those little things do matter and not having eyebrows might be upsetting for you - it def was for me during chemo. They have now grown back really quickly but like you, I am due to start Abimaciclub in Feb so will be really down if they disappear again. I have also considered micro blading but will def wait till after my Abim. regime is over due to low immunity. During chemo, I used a really good eyebrow stencil that was much more realistic than pencilling them in, maybe you could try that? Good luck with your regime - take care and look after yourself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi,
Thank you for replying. I have not heard of eyebrow stencilling, I will look into it if micro ablation isn’t possible at the moment.

Hi. My oncologist said I could have something similar to microblading but on my eyes and more permanent whilst I’m on ambecaclib.

I can also have my ovaries removed but need to stop the tablets a week before then stop until 2 weeks after the op

So, I’d just ask the oncologist for their permission. With the eye thing I had done they didn’t need to see any permission (I just asked my oncologist informally) beauticians don’t seem too worried if you aren’t on chemo from what I’ve seen

1 Like