acdcacdc

Julie

Hi, how are doing you? How are you healing? Is the wait between your surgery and your definate results as bad as the wait for the core hiopsy results or worse.
I am asking as I am about two weeks behind you, due to surgeon being on holiday. I am still working at present and feel that this is the right thing for me - hopefully it will mean the time will go quicker!!!
Hope you are relaxing and enjoying the sunshine.

Hi Anne

I am doing really well. The District Nurse took my drain out yesterday, which was great. I went to a barbecue at my friend’s house last night and am going out for a meal tonight. I now just have a dressing on each wound and they don’t hurt at all. Obviously, I am being careful not to knock them or do anything too strenuous. The dressing under my arm is slightly uncomfortable, but that is just the tape pulling on the skin. I also have to be careful not to do too much as I get a bit light headed if I do.

I am trying not to worry too much about the results on Tuesday. I just keep thinking, if the lymph nodes are clear, I will never complain about anything again. I used to moan about the size of my boobs (36D and I am only 5ft 2). They suddenly seemed a lot more attractive when I thought I might lose one! I know that no matter what the results are, there is always a chance it will come back in the future, but if I can get through this with what I have had so far and just radiotherapy, I will feel like the luckiest person alive. From reading this site and meeting others in hospital, there is always someone a lot worse off than yourself, that’s for sure. If it has spread, then I will be really disappointed but I will deal with it.

Yes, I am so lucky that the sun has shone all week, which has meant I can sit in the garden. My husband is a keen gardener, so it is really lovely. He says it is about time I appreciated it!

I think you are right to keep working. That is what I did and it helped to keep some sort of normality. I’m sorry you have a had to wait. I think that is the worse bit about it all - the waiting. I know you will be fine, though. If you have any more questions let me know. I will give you an update on Tuesday.

Lots of love.

Julie.