ADVICE ABOUT GOING BACK TO WORK

HI
NEW TO FORUM.

I HAVE HAD PRIMARY BREAST CANCER AND RADIOTHERAPY BACK AT WORK NOW. DOES ANYBODY FEEL A BIT EMOTIONAL (HAVE A CRY) SOMETIMES. I KEEP BURSTING INTO TEARS AT WORK, DONT REALLY KNOW WHY.
MY HAIR ALSO HAS THINNED A LITTLE BIT DUE TO RADIOTHERA0PY I THINK

WENDY

HI there and welcome to the forums. Yes indeed lots of us feel really teary and tired and overwhelmed, particularly when we go back to work…cos its like a bit normal life but nothing is ever as it was. I went for 4 session of counselling in the end which really really helped. CAn I suggest you change the title of your thread to something like advice about going back to work or help with tearfulness…you’ll get more people jumping on.
But please don’t worry, its well usual and maybe not a bad response to all the trauma you’ve been through,
bw Nicola

HI NICOLA

THANKS FOR REPLYING. I HAVE CHANGED THE SUBJECT TO WHAT YOU SAID.

WHAT SORT OF CANCER DID YOU HAVE. ARE YOU OK NOW

IT IS SO HARD TO GO BACK TO NORMAL LIFE ESPECIALLY AT WORK NOBODY UNDERSTANDS HOW I FEEL WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH. I TRY TO BE STRONG BUT I STIL GET EMOTIONAL. PERHAPS IN TIME TGHINGS WILL GET A BIT EASIER.

Lovelylegs, I think we all have to realise that when that diagnosis arrives, what we used to consider “normal” just doesn’t exist any more. What we all have to do is learn what the “new normal” is, because it WILL be different. I suspect that once you get your head round what that new normal is, it’ll be easier to deal with, though it will take time for you to find out what it is. In the meantime, be gentle on yourself.

You might also benefit from some counselling to help in this. It is not uncommon for people who’ve been through breast cancer to suffer from depression (and bursting into tears for no reason can be a symptom) so have a chat with your GP to see if you can get some counselling, you may find it’s just what you need to help you deal with life, the world and everything.

CM
x

HI

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. ITS NICE TO TALK TO SOMEBODY WHO UNDERSTANDS.