advice needed

advice needed

advice needed My mum was diagnosed with secondary brain tumours two weeks ago and at the moment is responding well to steroids and will have radiotherapy soon. We are all really stressed with the uncertainty of it all and we are concerned about how much nursing care we will receive when mum gets worse and how much the family are relied upon to look after mum (my dad has retired but my sister and i both work full time and do not live with our parents). A macmillan nurse has been to see mum but she got very upset and does not want to talk about what she said.

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Julie

Help and Advice Hello Julie

I am sorry to hear your mum and family are going through such a worrying time. Often with enquiries like this our helpline can be the best source of information and support.

You can call the helpline on 0808 800 6000
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

The team is able to talk about issues surrounding breast cancer and breast health.

They can talk through the complexities of different treatments and conditions and I am sure you would be able to clarify some of the questions you have.

I hope this helps and please carry on posting to the forums as I am sure you will find plenty of help and support from our users.

Best wishes
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care