advise for sister

advise for sister

advise for sister Hello, my sister was diagnosed with MS about a month ago, she then had concerns over a breast lump.

apparently she has had lumps for years but felt they had changed and thought it was due to the ms treatment of steroids.

She was seen today at a regional centre and given several biopsies. The consultant and the person who reads the mamograms both feel she has invasive duct carcinoma.

They say it is a grade V, but this is that particular hospitals grading, not the same as the usual system. They have said she should have Chemo then surgery ( I think they said a large slice surgery) then radiotherapy.

Can anyone tell me what this means and give me the hard facts as best as possible. I know no one can see into the future but I am more scared of false hope than knowing the worst case.

This is such a difficult scary time, I appreciate your help

Thank you

Dear Kate I am sorry to read of your sister’s recent diagnosis of breast cancer and can appreciate your need for further information during this difficult time. Please feel free to contact our freephone confidential helpline on 0808 800 6000 where you can speak to one of our helpline team who are either breast care nurses or have had experience of breast cancer. The helpliner will be able to offer you support and help to understand the information you have at present.

The helpline is open Monday to Friday and Saturday 9am-2pm.

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care