Advise on post operative surgery and treatment IDC grade 2 ER/PR Pos HER 2 negatives. Lymph node? tr

Yes Denise, let us know how you get on. It really does help sharing the experience doesn’t it. Good luck tomorrow. xx

Hi Ruth and Denise mine started thurs was drained Monday. Over the following week a bit came back which they checked after 7 days but said it was minimal and the only way your body learns to redistribute the fluid is to leave it alone, if they keep draining (which they will if it’s lots) then it doesn’t learn. So I left if second time and they said come back if it gets worse but after a few more days it went away of its own accord. Let us know what they say xx

Thanks Sarah. I’ll leave for a few more days and see if my body does what it’s supposed to do and reabsorb the fluid. Strangely it felt like it had gone down a bit when I woke up this morning but seems to have built back up a bit throughout the day.

xx

Hi Girls! ?‍❤️‍?
My arm was checked by the BN she said to leave it until Friday! Don’t like to drain because of infection!
Chemotherapy discussion. Considering these factors.
Already a low risk of recurrence due to my cancer grade and hormone histology.
It’s an option / choice which based
on an NHS Predict tool - I fall in less than 5% recurrence over 10 years!
As is without.
I have to think about the risk versus the side effects of chemo.
Which I will make a decision by the end of this week.
I will be having radiotherapy and hormone tablets.
Denise

Hi Denise, thanks for letting us know how you got on. My seroma is still the same size but not painful and the scar does seem to be getting better. I’ve decided to give it until Wednesday and if no change by then will ring the BCNs for advice. Hope yours starts to subside on its own soon.

Good luck with making your decision on the chemo. Sometimes I think it’s harder when it’s left up to us to decide. It was a no brainer for me and while it’s not exactly fun, I found it a lot less tough than I expected the majority of the time.

Hope everyone has had a good day. I went for a walk with a friend and her baby by the Thames earlier and getting out on a lovely spring day has done me the world of good mentally.

Ruth xx

Thanks Ruth! Yes a lovely spring day! And I’m going to give this another week! Maybe trying to run before I can walk. Have a good week! ??

Hi ladies! Hope your as well as can be! My underarm is still swollen and I guess will take a while! Going to hospital for radiotherapy dates! Any advice re radiotherapy gratefully received xx

Hi Denise. I finished RT on 26th Feb after 18 sessions. You know the bit where they say you might not be tired to a scale of upto really tired? The last week and the week after was tiring for me but we are all different. Coupled with tam ? ?. In the middle I hit a plateau of omg when is this going to end but it could’ve been hormones ? The staff are very very supportive and if you are scheduled the same time each day you do strike up an RT friendship club with, well for me it was prostate boys ?. Loose tops and I totally recommend SBC moisturizers at least 3 times a day and gross as it is, not shaving your arm pit doesn’t get to you as much as you think it will. My armpit got quite a bit more sore too so I LO physio exercised like it was going out of fashion. Good luck ?

Hi all its Friday which is always good! I don’t have radiotherapy advice as not got there yet hope seroma not too bad. A week to go for me til Florida holiday then the day after we get back I have chemo starting. Going for pre assessment Monday. Have a lovely weekend ladies xx