after my breast screen

Hi all i need your advice if you can help, I had my first breast sceen last week and within 4 days i had a letter from the hospital to return this monday regarding my results and i am worried regarding this, I cant feel any lumps but for the last 3 months i have been getting a aching pain down my right arm, and now with this call back to see a doctor this is really scaring me, can anybody put my mind at rest.

thank you.

hi - can you tell us what the letter said ? did it ask you to return for further tests ?
Try not to worry- it’s so easy to say,but the further tsts,usually a mammo/ultrasound and possibly biopsy will tell the doctors what’s there or not. The pains in your arm could very well be totally unrelated to anything too,so try not to jump the gun and take one step at a time. Sorry if that sounds blunt,but it’s the only thing to do.

Hi chelsea10

It’s important to stress that its impossible for anyone to determine your diagnosis online as we do not have all the facts of your particular case but if you would like to talk about how your are feeling and what the best next steps are please do give the BCC helpline a call. Here you can share your fears and concerns with a trained member of staff who is either a breast care nurse or someone who has personal experience of breast care issues.

The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open today from 9am to 2pm and then again from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Kind regards Sam (BCC Facilitator)