Alopecia

Is anyone suffering with alopecia on Abemaciclib?

Yes unfortunately i am, my hair started growing back thick and strong when i finished chemotherapy but about six months into abemaciclib it started to really thin and fall out again! I was so upset this was happening again that I have had a weave fitted and my confidence has returned, thankfully .

2 Likes

Me too
My hair was finally growing back after chemi but like you it began thinning 6 months into taking Abemaciclib. I am now been taking Abemaciclib for 14 months and I am back to wearing wigs or hats.
I wonder if my hair will return when I stop the Abemaciclib at the end of December?
No-one seems to know??
I am glad your conference is back as is mine when I wear my wig
X

I’m on second month of Abemaciclib and I’m sure my eyelashes are becoming more sparse!! I’ve only had them back for a little while so gutted I may have to go back to falsies!!
Anyone else noticed this?

Yes, Abemaciclib affected all if my hair. It was growing back after completing chemotherapy in September. And I started Abemaciclib in January after finishing my radiotherapy and all my hair has become very sparse. It all happened very gradually over 6-9 months. Now I am back to wearing scarves and a wig☹️
I am not completely bald but the hair is so thin that I prefer to cover up when going out. There is very little information on this and most women don’t seem to have the same problem or at least they haven’t mentioned it. The consultants don’t comment on my concerns either. I got told it is unlikely to be the Abemaciclib and more likely letrozole but I dont think so.
I would live to hear more from anyone.
X