anemia after surgery

I had a mx in March and was due to have recon next fri (already delayed once) but this week i had a phone call from BCN to say that they couldnt go ahead with the surgery as i was so anemic. They dont know why im anemic but have put my on iron tablets for a month and also sending me for colposcopy up the rear and down the throat to see if there is anything sinister. so, looks like my surgery will be at least 6 weeks away! Ive had to cancel my wedding twice due to this disease and now have it booked for 1.1.11 in Barbados - seriously wandering if im going to make this one! Has anybody else experienced Anemia since surgery???

deed
x

I had a HB of 7 after surgery, was given the option of transfusion. But chose to have supplements and ate lots of iron rich foods. It took about a fortnight to sort itself out. I hope you can go ahead with your wedding.

Hi went down to 9 after surgery. But was quite effected by it- fast heart rate, felt weak. So were surprised it was not lower. Needed 3 months of iron tablets to get it up again. Hope yours gets sorted quickly. I had heard that injections were quicker than tablets for raising levels. dx

Thanks for your comments. Your scale of anemia is different to what ive been told. apparently im “86”!! Im hoping and praying this is from the 2 surgeries and the stress of not eating properly for 3 months because im not sure i could deal with more bad news at this stage!

thanks again girls

deed
x