AnnieK68

So rare I post here nowadays - one of the lucky ones and now supporting others in various ways.

It is with great sadness that I have to let you know that Anne, our Annie, died last night after a courageous journey with breast cancer.  Orginally given chemo as a precaution, she became the lynchpin of September 2011 chemo thread - tracking everyone’s progress on her spreadhseets, adding smiley faces when they completed treatment.  After treatment was done, she was a dynamic and generous member of the September Girls, our facebook group, and even invited us all to her home for a barbecue!

Sad just shy of a year ago Anne’s cancer returned, initially in her spine, then spreading to her luings and finally her brain.  She was courageous and funny to the end - even leaving me a birthday message on my answerphone last week.

Rest peacefully, Annie, we will never forget you or the love you shared.

Rev Cat , honorary big sis from Sept 2010 xxx

Hello Revcat

I’m so sorry to hear about Annie.

On behalf of the moderation team here at BCC, please accept our sincere condolences. Our thoughts are with you, Annie’s family and friends.

June, moderator

So sorry to hear this dreadful news, I only met Anne once but she was a lovely funny lady, my heart goes out to all who knew and loved her. RIP sweetheart x

I was very sad to read this. Having met Anne once I know her to be a lovely warm and caring lady, whom I shall miss but always remember fondly. Rest I peace and my sincere condolences to her family xxxx Rachel

I didn’t know Anne from this forum, but met her a couple of times at weekend retreats and chatted on line. I was looking forward to walking up Snowdon in her company, but her ill-health got in the way. We shared a love of cats (her’s are much ‘posher’ than mine), live music and weekends away.

A kind and warm person, she will be much missed and my heart goes out Andy and all her family and friends.

Diane xxx

Going to miss you so so much Annie, such an amazing supportive friend to all of us September girls…

RIP beautiful lady xxxxxx

Like RevCat - I don’t post on here much now.  So sad to see another Woodie leave.  My two fingered salute flag is flying at half mast on my tent, next to that lagoon in the woods.  I will visit the JM bar later and drink a toast to her memory.  Dear Anne - you left a lovely message on my facebook page thanking me…it was a pleasure to know you and you will always be in my heart.  Sleep well angel x