Another biopsy 2 years apart

Hi everyone. My first time here. Looking if anyone has similar situation to share insights. I had a biopsy done in 2021 for architectural distortion and it came back benign. In 2022 mammo and US was all normal and now after my annual exams (end of 2023) I got a call back and they said there’s a little change, that could be scar tissue or something else, so I will have another biopsy!! I’m so scared. Has anyone had to do a biopsy for same thing, few years apart?

1 Like

Hi Sunriselover,
Please try not to worry until you hear the results of the biopsy (easier said than done, I know full well) but honestly, worry adds stress and that is not healthy for us, so try to distract yourself with things you enjoy doing, and don’t read too much into it at this stage. Hopefully it will all turn out to be nothing untoward :crossed_fingers:
I too had a biopsy on Thursday on a new lump at the site where a breast cancer lump was removed last July. I am trying to stay positive but of course struggling hard not to imagine the implications… I did just have a nice evening out with a friend for a comedy evening and didn’t mention the new development- good to have a laugh and switch off for a bit.
Do try not to worry for the time being, but you’ve found the right place for support in the event you need it.
Best wishes

1 Like

Dear Sunriselover,

So sorry you’re finding yourself in this situation, I feel the hospital is looking after you and making sure at this stage.this is nothing untoward. I know this is easy for me to say it take one day at a time at the moment, fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Lots of us, to get recalled back to the Breast Cancer clinic from time to time it is always worrying, if you can take on board to wait for a diagnosis, as no one has Breast Cancer until the consultant confirms this.

Wishing you well, please come back and let us know how you are getting on. Biggest hugs Tili​:pray::rainbow::pray::rainbow:

1 Like

Hi @sunriselover.

Welcome to the forum, it’s a very supportive place and so I hope you find it comforting during this worrying time - waiting to hear back from biopsies is never easy.

We’re sending all the best wishes and love your way for your results :heart:

2 Likes