Anxiety through the roof

Hi everyone, I am a new member.

Feeling very alone and anxious at the moment. Had call from breast clinic today as had steriotactic biopsy last Wednesdays. Was told my results would be in today. Had call from breast clinic at 1.20pm to book an appointment for next Thursday to receive my results. Now my anxiety is through the roof. I asked them to please tell me over the phone and was just told “no”. Seems cruel to make me wait another week. I just want to know, whatever the result is!

8 Likes

Hi, just to say I’m also new here and waiting for my results. I had 5 biopsies done on 2 sites a week last Wednesday and will have to wait until at least next Tuesday for even my phonecall to book the appointment as they only have their MDT meetings on a Monday. Sending lots of love as the waiting is horrific. I’ve had some great advice on here which I’m already taking (going day by day, talking to friends, writing things down). Hoping your results come through soon and they are good news for you :butterfly: x

6 Likes

Dear Angid,

Welcome to the forum, we are all here for you. Waiting time is endless, and the anxiety takes a toll on us, unfortunately we do have to go along with this which seems so cruel.

Take one day at a time, making notes of questions that you need answered to at your next consultation, try to keep busy (easily said) when your head is all over the place at the moment.

Hopefully the next few days will pass quickly for you, maybe a nice walk, meeting up with a special friend or family member.

Thinking of you, wishing you well.

Biggest hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I had to wait ten days for my biopsy results, I remember the days being so long, not knowing, it was almost a relief when they confirmed it was cancer as I could get on with the treatment…as others have said try to keep busy and active, talk about it if it helps, try to take your mind away from worrying as it doesn’t help, what will be will be, and it’s not always bad news. Xx

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Well had an op on 12th December as stage 1 grade 2 in right breast. pleased to confirm no cancer spread to lymph nodes. On another note, i have just fractured my ribs (climbing a gate as locked myself out) and am sat staring at my medicationin which i am about to start. But, should i be taking letrozole with broken ribs?

1 Like

I waited 5 weeks for mine and found them by accident on the NHS App at 6.30 on a Friday evening. when I got to the Dr on Monday, having insisted on a referral to Breast clinic, the Dr hadn’t even seen them. have it in bones, lung and skin.