Anxious about lump

About 3 weeks ago during my period, I noticed a small lump in the lower quadrant of my left breast. It was about the size of a pea. A few days after my period, it definitely shrunk so I scheduled an appointment with my doctor after my next cycle to see if it grows/shrinks again.

It’s smaller than the size of a pea now. When I run my hand along my breast I can sometimes feel it. Sometimes I can’t. When I press around, it feels somewhat squishy and moveable. But if I press down firmly, it seems to feel harder and less moveable, which freaks me out. It feels completely round when I press near the surface, but again when I press more firmly it still feels round but I have trouble feeling where the bottom of it is - I’m assuming it’s deeper in the tissue. I try not to mess with it, but sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me and I end up poking around a bit too much and I can feel it gets a bit bigger. It doesn’t hurt when I touch it, but sometimes feels tender (but not always).

I go through phases of being convinced it’s nothing, and then freaking myself out and convincing myself it is. I have no history of breast cancer in my family, and I am 35 years old. I know cysts and fibroadenomas are common, and feel 90% confident that’s what it is. But the difference between the way it feels at the surface vs. deeper down freaks me out.

I 100% know no one on here can tell me what this is, but I’m just curious if anyone has experienced something similar and what it ended up being - small, round, squishy lump near the surface that is harder, somewhat immovable deeper down in the tissue.

1 Like

:heart: glad you have made appointment to get checked over and well done for being vigilant :heart: it’s always best to get everything checked with your gp when you’ve noticed any changes :heart: please do keep off dr Google too if you can till you’ve seen your gp and got checked over, you will send yourself into orbit :heart: do ask away on here and also in the ask the nurse section, BCN and everyone will :two_women_holding_hands: so you don’t feel alone while you wait for your appointment :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx