Anxiously waiting for emergancy appt

Im 35 years old and had 2x non lactating mastitis on same breast… abx cleared this. Lumpy breasts anyway and a very large vein that goes from one nipple round up my chest to the other breast on nipple area.i also have dark brown discharge coming from one breast and clear to milky from the other when i squeeze.i lost some weight so breasts deflated but put a little back on now (still below what i was) so the look and texture is different. My dads mum had BC at 36yrs old (both breasts removed) and my dads sister had it in her 40’s (1 breast removed)

I went to the doctor last week when the 2nd non lactating mastitis occured (the pain was unreal) & mentioned dark brown discharge and family history.

Gp said i maybe high risk & did an urgent referral for screening. Will this be just a screening as in just a xray ? Sorry new to all this.
Would my history make me high risk if its dads side & does mastitis within 3 months have anything to do with BC?

Gio

Hi Gio81,

I am sorry to hear that you are anxious about your referral - waiting for answers and results can often be daunting. I am sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always use our Ask the Nurse service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Bonita