ANyone in Wales?

Hi all

Anyone getting treatment in Wales or involved in any support groups etc? I live near Lampeter but am being treated in Llanelli.

All the best!

Ruth xx

Hi Ruth,

Im not, but just wanted to say I visit Wales 3 or 4 times a year as I have family there and its beautiful.

All the best!

Hi Ruth, I’m from Pembrokeshire and have follow ups at Prince Philip every 6 months, next one beginning of November. I had my op there April of last year and had radiotherapy at Singleton last Aug.
All good wishes
Ros

Hi
i’m in Conwy and go to Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor.
Allie

Hi folks

Ros, how are you getting on? Did you get into the famous ward 6? We had a lot of fun when I was in there despite the circumstances!

All the best

Ruth

Hi Ruth, Well I had a bit of a dramatic time. I was approaching the main doors of Prince Philip prior to my op the next day when i fell over nothing at all. I had to go in a wheel chair to A & E - eventually it was found that I had fractured the neck of my femur and although the orthopaedic ward is right next to ward 7, they only do elective surgery and I was shipped off to Glangwili at midnight, after a wait of 10 hours, where I was operated on the next day. I stayed there for the best part of a week and was not allowed to put any weight on my leg for at least 6 weeks.

When I arrived back in ward 7 Mr Holt was prepared to go ahead and operate but thought it was preferable for me to go home and recuperate a little first so I eventually had my breast op exactly 3 weeks later than planned. My first stay in ward 7 was rather difficult as everything was a problem, particularly washing and toiletting. However by the time I was readmitted I had bought a motorised scooter which I was allowed to take into the ward and what a difference this made to my independence - I had no idea that such luxuries as coffee were constantly available at the ward entrance as I had not managed to get there before and I do love my coffee

What stage is your treatment at, Ruth?

Regards
Ros

Hi Ruth ,
I’m from Llanrwst and having my rads in Glan Clwyd Hospital, Bodelwyddan.
I had my surgery at LLandudno hospital, they were wonderful and made it a lot easier to go through.
All the best with your treatment.
Lorraine x