Anyone NOT having a terrible experience with Tamoxifen?

Hi everyone- first post here.  I was diagnosed with DCIS 3 weeks ago.  After my first meeting with the surgical oncologist I was told I’d be taking tamoxifen following surgery and radiation.  I’m so scared by everything I read about the side effects of this drug.  I’m 37 and feel like this drug is going to steal my life from me (even though I know it is technically saving it). Just wondering if there are people out there that found the drug tolerable with minimal side effects? Thanks- Etta

Hello Etta

i‘m taking Tamoxifen and seem to tolerate it really well.  First few weeks I noticed a few side effects but really tried the mind over matter approach of not dwelling on them as I didn’t see much choice as will do everything to keep those pesky cancer cells st bay.

I‘ve been taking it for a year (wow, one year already!).  
everyone reacts so differently.  I hope you‘ll be as lucky as me!

Hi Etta,

Another one here with minimal side effects. I started taking tamoxifen 5-6 years ago, aged 38, and I’ve been fine on it. Occasional hot flush, but it’s just at the level of “ooh, bit too warm!” that fades quickly. Also think the effects lessened as time went on.

@EttaMagath  

Im also terrified of taking this. It’s getting me really down thinking what my life will be like on it