Anyone with level 3 lymph node involvement?

Hello all. I’ve been tying myself in knots over my lymph node status, I thought initially the prognosis looked ok, with one lymph node, but I’ve since discovered it’s in the top level, quite a large deposit, and dr Google said that’s the equivalent of having lots of positive nodes. Is there anyone NED with the apical node involved who can offer any words of encouragement? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mille82
I am stage 3, grade 3 HR positive, HER2 negative. I had a mastectomy on Sept 1, 2022. I had 28 lymph nodes removed out of which 7 were cancerous. I am now on Letrozole and Abemaciclib. My operated area is still feeling very tight and stiff. I go for regular physio treatments. My physiotherapist has recommended compression sleeve. I am now looking into getting compression sleeve. Hope my post helps. If you have any question, feel free to ask away.

Thank you for your reply. I can’t shake this anxiety at the moment! Do you know what levels of lymph nodes were affected? I presumed if I had it in there then it would go to level one first, not skip straight to the top :frowning:
I hope the compression sleeve helps you, I had all my lymph nodes removed and mastectomy and struggled with cording for a while, massage definitely helped ease discomfort, not fun at all is it

Yes you are correct. If I recall, my surgeon told me all lymph nodes at level 1 were removed. Were you told how many lymph nodes were removed. I had 5 radiation boosts to my clavicle area as my surgeon was not able to remove the lymph node in that region for fear of cutting into the vein. Let’s keep sharing experiencing going forward. Hugs to you.

Hi
I had mastectomy March 2023 with 12 lymph nodes removed 6 lymph nodes cancerous. After operation my arm was very painful and felt heavy I did have cording but with massage it cleared, I did do gently stretching and most nights I massaged my arm and I also done yoga for breast cancer patients for recovering after mastectomy and lymph node removal. Six months on although Presently I cannot do a lot of exercises due to picc line in right arm for my chemotherapy my arm is a lot better just hoping it keeps up.

Hi janeymay7,
I had mastectomy on Sept 1, 2022. I have 28 lymph nodes removed out of which 7 were cancerous. As of today, my operated arm still feels numb and the chest/armpit area feels very tight still. I have been receiving physio or massage treatment. I too have developed cording. During the height of summer, I had some swelling in my palm area. My massage therapist put it down to the hot weather which caused the blood vessels to dilate hence the swelling. The weather is cooler now and I have not had any swelling. I am looking into getting compression sleeve. Hope you continue to recover well.

Hi

Just read your post, I had a full level 3 axillary clearance a week ago after finding it in the two nodes they removed at the lumpectomy although they thought they were ok before the op, I had one macro and one micro, now in the excruciating waiting period for results. I was wondering how you are getting on now

Thanks
Jackie xx