Appointment farce!

Morning Jules

Hope you are feeling more supported now - thinking of you

Seren x

Thanks ladies for taking the time to write to me. I guess I am really over sensitive at the moment. I seem to have good days and bad. The lady at my doctors rang me yesterday and told me her lump was benign and wished me good luck for my appointment. Yesterday I was feeling really positive about it all, but today feel a bit anxious again. I have this thing about loosing my hair. I have very long blonde hair which has taken me all my life to grow and that is the one thing that worries me more than anything else at the moment loosing it. The lady at the doctors said that she was worried about loosing a breast. I said althought I would hate to loose a breast they do marvellous reconstructions these days. With my mum having bc, and being told a masectomy will be on the cards if the tumour doesnt shrink enough, we have looked into it. I know it sounds probably daft and vain to people who have lost there breast, but as I said to the lady at the doctors, you could have a re contstruction almost straight away, but being bald is something that will last for months etc. I know I am not being rational, but that seems to be my main worry. I am sure if I actually ended up having cancer, it would quickly go down in my priorities of being worried.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

J xx

hi jules
i have just sent a wee note to u on another thread. i can relate to your fear of losing your hair.mine was down by my bum,dark brown and really thick. my hair was my security blanket for many years and i really miss it. it is growing back in again, but i dont recognise it yet as being mine as it is completely different from before. losing my hair really was a big big worry to me.hows your mum doing. i had mastectomy with ld rocon straight away and i would recommend it to your mum. it looks really good,only thing missing is the nipple but that can be sorted next year with a tattoo.
good luck to u again and best wishes for appt.
maria

Hi Jules,
Losing our hair is a big deal.I let my lovely dark brown hair grow extra long last year for my wedding as I wanted to have it up.I was diagnosed the week before I got married and that was the first thing I thought of,all that work and it has to go. When the time came my lovely hubby Colin took it all off and then held me as we both cried buckets.That was in Jan and its starting to grow back now.So don’t worry.Hopefully you will be ok so think positive.

Mary
x

Awww ladies you both brought a tear to my eye, you have been through such a horrible time. Again I am at one of those times when I am lost for words, but I will say I wish you both speedy recoveries, health and happiness in the future.

Thank you Maria for your good wishes regarding my appointment. (where did you put the other comment as I would like to read it, but there are so many threads to wade through at times lol)

And Mary, when you told me your hubby took all your hair off, that made me feel so sad, not for me but for YOU, really brought a tear to my eye. Thank god for supportive men eh, we are both lucky in that way.

I did read back later what I had written, and I actually felt guilty and hoped I wasn’t coming across as being shallow and vain.

J xx

Hi Jules,

I worried about losing my hair, it was the most upsetting part for me as people could see I was unwell, until then only those i chose to tell knew about my cancer dx. Being bald was such an obvious outward sign.

Yes it’s vain of me. and it’s a small price to ,when as you say hair grows, back but I cried when i went for my wig fitting i was so upset. (Wig was beautiful by the way, but it wasn’t my hair and my hair was my pride and joy).

Just to pick up on your other point though. Not everyone can have a recon, immediate or delayed. I can’t due to skin mets and that’s a big blow for me.
Jackie x