April 2024 chemo starters

Lovely message @altoan i hope you have a great time at the theatre tonight H x

2 Likes

Oh thanks @collywobbles, how amazing is this forum! From someone who always says Iā€™m fine I would never have thought a couple of months ago I would be sharing everything! Itā€™s so valuable being able to hear from other people their ideas and coping techniques. Lumps of my hair are starting to come out today so Iā€™m thinking this time next week there maybe a ceremonial shaving of the head. I am determined to carry on as normal and not let the stigma of no hair stress me out too much. I have to keep telling myself itā€™s all part of this journey and when it grows back I can try out so many new hairstyles! I hope that you are OK too. Helen x

2 Likes

:heart:sorry to read you had reaction to docetaxol, itā€™s happened to lots of us over the years and yes it is :flushed: your onc will probably try you on abraxane lots have switched to that and been ok :heart: be kind to yourself :heart: even though you feel like running the 100 quicker than Usain Bolt outta there :two_women_holding_hands: your team have seen it all before and know what to do :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

@hc1973 well done you. Itā€™s funny we sat and talked about ā€œI feel fineā€ whilst eating supper tonight ā€¦. My hubby said itā€™s terribly English! Stiff upper lip and all that! I agree with you 100%ā€¦. I had no idea I would be on here let alone saying how I really felt - scared sometimes, pleased with myself other times and sometimes Iā€™m doing just fine!! Keep going girl ā€¦ you got this. Baby steps in the right direction and sometimes there maybe tears and backwards steps but we strive to move forward. Thank you for being there! Everyone on here means such a lot. Feeling very supported. Have a good week and trust the big hair shave is not too horrid. I wonā€™t be far behind Iā€™m sure. In reality weā€™re doing good xx

4 Likes

Well done @belle1 - you are coping with a lot and doing well! Thanks for the recommendation of the book - I will check it out. Best wishes for the next treatment next week x

2 Likes

@altoan hope youā€™ve had a lovely evening at the theatre - what did you see? Xx

2 Likes

Thanks will see if I can get some tomorrow xx

1 Like

We are doing amazingly! Thanks for your kind words made me a little emotional but in a good way! Hereā€™s to everyone getting a good nights sleep! H x

3 Likes

Welcome to this group, itā€™s been a lifeline for me over this past few weeks. A lot of people have posted about the severe indigestion, itā€™s things like this when you see others have same side effects makes you feel reassured your not on your own. Sorry to hear about your tonsillitis hopefully youā€™re feeling better. Someone also recommended Liz Oā€™Riordans book, Iā€™ve just ordered it this morning. Xxx

5 Likes

An amateur production of Jeckyll & Hyde, the Musical :smile: Nice, low key evening out - complete with make up and wig (thatā€™s me, as well as the actors!)

6 Likes

Hi @altoan, thatā€™s a beautiful post. Everything you said I totally agree and was thinking the same. Iā€™m 52 with 3 adult children whom have been a massive support, they check in with me everyday and itā€™s me convincing them that Iā€™m fine also. I really feel for all in this group with young children as it must be tough managing it all. Iā€™ve 2 grandchildren aged 2&3 and havenā€™t been able to see them this past 3 weeks( I looked after them twice a week) as theyā€™ve had chickenpox and one took bronchitis. Iā€™ve found this the hardest as they bring so much joy. Hope youā€™ve had a lovely weekend xx

4 Likes

Such a lovely, supportive message @altoan! I hope you had a great night out and Iā€™m sure your wig looked amazing. Hope everyone is doing ok? The weather is awful here in Norfolk so after dropping my youngest off for a football match, Iā€™m going to hunker down and have a quiet day x

4 Likes

Well that was an interesting night- high on steroids- still awake at 3am- finished my book, played with the hamster :hamster:, ate cereal- steroids have me carb craving! And started a new book! Then when I did eventually go to bed every time I leaned on my COVID arm :weary::rofl: So it been a duvet morning. Still juggling the anti emetics and the laxatives, reduced ondansetron today as that makes constipation worse, which then increases nausea!!! So trying just metoclopramide, but still steroids today so will I be up all night again :woozy_face::woozy_face: and the weather is shocking so Iā€™m leaving my walk till later. Hope everyone is ok this morning, and fab you had a good night @altoan xx

5 Likes

Hi @gromit12 youve had a busy night. Itā€™s hard to get a balance with the laxatives and constipation etc. I first tried laxido but found senna tablets better. I think itā€™s trial and error with a lot of medications. Weather here in Northern Ireland lovely today and thatā€™s unusual for us lol. Enjoy your duvet day and hopefully everything settles x

2 Likes

@pollyanna1 thanks, sun came out so kicked my butt out the door!!!

7 Likes

Oh @gromit12 the steroids really donā€™t help with the sleep do they! Itā€™s such a fine line trying to balance it all. I hope you are OK take it easy and try not to put too much pressure on yourself to do things be lazy and see it as an achievement! H xx

3 Likes

Still awake at 1am buzzing, eating cereal at 4.20am!!! Gonna be tired today :sleeping:

1 Like

Itā€™s awful when you canā€™t sleep, I fell asleep OK then got up at 5 couldnā€™t stop thinking about my hair, vain I know! Iā€™m finding the anticipation of losing it stressful, in a weird way I just want it over and done with but then at the same time I donā€™t! Just to make you laugh I decided that I would channel Joan Collins with her turbans on the days I canā€™t be bothered to get a wig! I then went extra crazy and bought loads on Shein some are bordering fancy dress! People wonā€™t automatically think that ladies got cancer they will be hmmm is she mentally unwell or in fancy dress! I did buy one in particular to wear to the pub as a laughā€¦ā€¦

6 Likes

This made me properly laugh @hc1973 :joy:
I love the idea of people trying to work out if youā€™re bonkers or on your way to a fancy dress party!

@gromit12 hope you got some sleep eventually :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I will post a picture when it arrives :rofl::rofl:

1 Like