Arm Ache

Hi all, I was wondering whether you could try and put my mind at rest. I was diagnosed with BC 4 years ago, had mastectomy, chemo, radiotherapy, tamoxifen, herceptin and reconstruction (all in that order) with my recon being 2 years ago. My cancer was in my left side with lymph node removal, the only problem I have now is that my right arm feels “dead”. I thought maybe I had done something at work i.e. lifting a file but its been going on for over 2 months now and I’m not seeing my consultant until the end of August. I did think about mentioning it to my GP but you can never get an appointment and I always feel that I am going to him with any silly niggle and wasting his time.
I have heard so many people lately that have had secondary breast cancer and am now starting to get really worried that it’s come back. I have left a message on my BCN phone, but I’m waiting for her to get back to me.
Don’t want to start panicking but its really starting to get me down now. I thought I could put this all behind me and move on, but every time you get an ache or a niggle you do go into panic mode.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
S

Hi Sarah

I am sorry to read that you have this new worry, please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns over, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Take care

Lucy