arm pain after core biopsies

Iwas diagnosed last week with a ductal invasive tumour of 16mm ,grade2, I had a biopsy the week before and have still got breast pain and now under arm discomfort. i am wondering if this is due to lymph node involvement? I’m having surgery on thurs for a lumpectomy and centinal node biopsy. I,m 40 and it feels that my life has been torn apart.

Julie

I have also answered your other post. As far as I know underarm discomfort does not come with lymph node involvement. Unfortunately, once you have a diagnosis like this it is almost impossible not to read things into every ache and pain you get. The sooner you get the surgery and the results the better: the waiting was the very hardest part for me as I am sure it is for most people. I am just really sorry that you have become yet another person that has this really c**p disease to put up with. I felt like my life too was being torn away from me at first, but now 3 months after that initial diagnosis I feel a lot better and a lot more in control. I am sure you will gain a lot of comfort and support from this forum.
I am sending you a big virtual hug!
Pauline

Thankyou so much for your comments. So glad you are more incontrol of your life now . I’m just learning that there isn’t a quick fix here and its going to be a long road. Great to feel i am not alone though!

Hi Julie,

When I had my first biopsy, they took 19 samples from me, which at the time didn’t hurt at all, but when the anaesthetic wore off I did have some pain under my arm and in the breast.

When I had my WLE a couple of weeks later they took away the breast tissue and yes, then again I did suffer with breast pain, in-so-much-as it was a little bit like a tooth ache, if anything brushed past my breast I got a sort of sensation which was very sensitive.

I’ve now had a mastectomy with lymph node removal - 4 weeks ago today - and really the only pain I have received is again, this feeling of sensitivity if anyone brushes past my arm, though, it is wearing off quite nicely now.

I don’t know if that helps you at all.

Take care
Linda