Arm pitpain

Hi there. I had a mastectomy and sentinel node removal 6 years ago and all had been fine since. Over the last 4 days i have been experiencing stinging and burning pain in the effected arm pit. There are no lumps or swellings and doesnt look any different. I have also had a heavy cold since experiencing these pains. Should i go and get checked by my doctor or is it probably connected to my cold. Ie swollen lymph nodes etc. Im otherwise and fit and well and do regular exercise. Doesnt feel like a muscle strain as quite stingy. Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello alhabama

Thanks for your post asking if you should report the burning and stinging, you’re experiencing in your armpit.

You say that you have a heavy cold, and lymph nodes can become swollen if you have a cold or can be due to an infection. They can also be tender and uncomfortable. However, we would suggest getting any new symptoms checked. You can make an appointment with your GP to be assessed.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

We will be closed on Good Friday 29 March, open on Saturday 30 March and closed on Easter Monday 1 April.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.