Ask questions

Ask questions

Ask questions Hi,
Like many of you I have not questioned too much what is going on assuming they are professionals and they know what they are doing.
However, recently I was told on the morning of my operation that they were not going to make the reconstructed breast a bit bigger only make the other one smaller. I was shocked but accepted this. A neighbouring patient overheard some of the conversation and started to make me query what was happening. Especially as she had same op and she had to have some of the reconstructed breast removed but had been given options to make it slightly larger.

By 5.00pm I was feeling a little uncertain and was told op cancelled anyway. This has now resulted in me having to go and see my consultant but he wants a psychologist there too. The thought has made me feel a bit vulnerable, but also I have had time to research ideas to ask questions about. Not sure he will like this but hey I must give it a try.

Love to all
Treakle xxxxxx

Hi Treakle

Its your body and you have to be happy with it in years to come, so you are right to ask questions and state what you want, I know it is very daugnting and you get over whelmed by it all. but you have a right to ,have your say and state what you want if not ask for a 2nd opinion. I had my op changed on the day simply because the tumour had spread further in the few day’s prior to the op and therefore I just had to go with it for health sake and I put my trust in my consultant surgeon and you have to have complete trust to feel comfortable…

Best wishes my love and do what is right for you

Love
Lucy
XXXX