Australia after radiotherapy?????

I’ve been through a roller coaster like everyone else diagnosed with BC!  3 weeks before I was due to visit my daughter in Australia I found the dreaded lump and had to cancel my holiday thereafter I’ve had a lumpectomy  completed 4 of 6 chemo and due to have 4 weeks of radiotherapy.  I am going stir crazy has anyone else done a long haul flight within a week or so of radiotherapy?  I think visiting my daughter, grandchildren and the warmth of Oz would be a great recovery, although I appreciate there will be no sun bathing.

All advice appreciated.

Hi GailMCW, 

I am sure some users will be along soon to share their experiences of going on holiday after radiotherapy. 

I have moved your post to the Work, finance and travel board to give users more of a chance to respond. 

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Hi Gail,don’t blame you for wanting some tiime with family in the sunshine after such a rubbish year !!R u taking Tamoxifen ,if so you will need to take some precautions re DVT if taking a long haul flight .May be worth asking this question in the Ask the nurses section get a medical opinion . Jill