awiating results of core biopsy

Hi there
this is my first post here.
I had a routine mammogram a week ago was called back for second stage screening last week.
They did three core biopsies on one area. Person doing the scan said it didnt look or react like cyst and there was no free flowing fluid.
She was concerned because the edges appeared solid and uneven.
The waiting for the results ( tuesday next week) is driving me nuts.
I spent days googling stuff, and have just confused myself.
It looked small on the mammogram plate but I dont really know what I was looking at.
Hate the waiting.

Hi Dozanne,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along shortly to help. I know that the first thing they will is say is ‘Don’t Google’, as there is a lot of information out there that is either out of date or incorrect. You’re best to stick to websites such as this one, Macmillan etc where the information you need to know can be checked if necessary by helpline staff (freefone helpline number 0808 800 6000 - open Mon-Fri 9-5 & Sat 10-2)

I have put for your below a couple of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.

BC & you: www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

Breast cysts: www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/benign-breast-conditions/breast-cysts-bcc73

Keep posting and take care.

Jo, Facilitator

Hello Dozanne

Sorry you’re here and worried. I understand how long it seems waiting for results and clearly you are not sleeping, based on the time you posted! That’s very normal, I was the same. Everyone here says that the worst time is when waiting for diagnosis and then waiting to get started with treatment - if that’s what’s needed.

As Jo says, DO NOT GOOGLE, it won’t help. You just need to be patient.
Obviously you’re worried by what was said at your second stage screening. All I can say is that 9 out of 10 referrals turn out not to be cancer. However, if you do get a positive diagnosis then there are lots of people on this Forum who can help you along the way and the BCC helpline is wonderful, particularly when you’re feeling most stressed. Things get easier once you have a treatment plan and can then focus on getting better. But I hope that’s not going to be the case and that it’s something benign and you can get on with life as normal again.

Best of luck for Tuesday. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Do let us know how you can get on so we can either congratulate or support.
X

Hi my name is Shazz i have also had a core biopsy done twice in the one place. I will be getting results from that wed. They have told me i have breast cancer i don’t know what grade ect until wed. I don’t really know much yet but very scared and frightend waiting.

Thank you Flori
Feeling a bit calmer now.
And only a couple of days more to wait.
I have definetely stopped googling things, it just causes confusion.
Will let you know how it goes on tuesday.
Its good to be here on this forum, there is so much information and support which is just whats needed.
Dozanne

Hi Shaz1234,

Welcome to the forums where I am sure you’ll get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below links to some of our publications you might find helpful. Also if you need to talk to someone in confidence away from the family, then our helpline team are here are only a free phone call away, 0808 800 6000, lines open again tomorrow morning at 9am (M-F 9-5 & Sat 10-2)

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis-treatment-future-bcc44

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/resource-pack-primary-early-breast-cancer-bcc145

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hi Shaz
Sorry to hear you too are waiting for results.
Its so hard waiting.
I hope you get some good news on wednesday
Dozanne

Thank you Jo ive orderd those.
Thanks Dozanne.
I can’t seem to start any threads only answer them, have you any ideas please.
Thanks Shazz.

Hi again Dozanne - I’m glad you’re feeling a bit calmer. Try to do some nice things in the meantime, such as pampering yourself. Also, try to get a bit of exercise - maybe a walk or cycling, whichever suits you. It helps to pass a bit of time and is a good stress reliever. I think it helps to talk to people who’ve had the experience, as prior to being in this situation you can try to empathise but it’s not the same being the person dealing with it.

Hi Shaz - sorry to hear your news. I can imagine how frightened you must feel having been told you have cancer but not knowing any details. Once you know what you’re dealing with and have a treatment plan it will help. If you read the information on the links that Jo has given you it will help you to understand what they’re talking about on Wednesday and you might be able to think of some questions to ask - write them down as it’s not easy to think at the time.

Both - I would recommend taking someone with you to your diagnosis - it helps to have someone who can take in everything that’s being said while you panic! Maybe make some notes.

Good luck for Tuesday and Wednesday. It’s nice that you’re supporting each other through this horrible time.
XX

I feel as though Im on a roller coaster
One minute I feel relatively calm and the next my mind is racing and imagining all sorts of things.
I know I dont have long to wait now for the results, but my mood and my mind is all over the place.
Is this normal to be so up and down and variable.
Its like theres not happy medium at the moment.
Scared, but want to know whats going on in my body
but a part of me doesnt want to know whats going on.
Just hope it will get easier when I know, this limbo stage is hard going.
Trying to keep positive for family and make sure they are ok, we are all trying to help each other.
Dozanne

Just got back from the hospital.
It a fibroadenoma, completely harmless.
I have never felt so totally releived about something in my life before.
Thank you so much every one here for the invaluable support.
I wish you all the very best.
Dozanne

That is such wonderful news!

Congratulations Dozanne! It’s so nice to hear. Thanks for sharing your good news.