Back again and frustrated

6 months ago I had a lump removed from my left breast. After 4 months of trying to work out what it was, i got the diagnosis of benign myofibroblastic proliferation. I thought great, its out nothing to worry about, get on with my life.

Fast forward to now and I have two hard lumps in my right breast. I just don’t understand how this could happened. I had the ultrasounds, MRI etc for both breasts and as far as i am aware nothing was present back then. I’m just frustrated I am back in the same situation. I have already spent 4 months of my life worrying, researching trying to deduce what my first lump was, i really don’t know if i can face the worry / limbo again.

Also it makes me wonder did they get the diagnosis wrong in the first place. It is not something the surgeron nor radiographer had heard of before and there is no literature on it anywhere!! A lonely place to be.
Additionally they did originally diagnose it as diabetic mastopathy through biopsy. However i am not diabetic thus they continued their investigations. Don’t get me wrong I am happy i was taken seriously and they continued the investigations. But i can’t help think they missed something or got it wrong because they had already once before.

Luckily i do have an appointment with the breast unit next Tuesday so not too long a wait now. Im guessing more biopsies and a further wait.

This is more of a rant. Sorry everyone :pensive:

4 Likes

Rant away :heart: glad you are keeping vigilant and getting everything checked but sorry you find yourself in the waiting place again :heart: do let us know how you get on :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

Good luck

Seagulls

2 Likes

Thank you Shi and Seagulls. I’m going to manically clean this weekend in the hopes of distraction :joy:. Have a good weekend too! Xx

1 Like

I thought I’d leave an update in case anyone is ever in my position. Had an ultrasound and they believe it to be the same thing. Looks like I have active breast tissue and will likely keep getting lumps over the years but ultimately all looks to be okay. So no need to panic my side and it is a relief!

2 Likes

Thanks for leaving an update Ella098 :heart: it’s kind of you to think of others :heart:and glad to hear your news your ok :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

It’s good to get all lumps checked out so any time you find anything lumpy always visit the breast clinic at your hospital. If you ever do get breast cancer, early diagnosis is good. So well done for coming on here and telling us your worries and that you are fine now! You are doing the right thing. Never ignore something that looks different. Cheers

Seagulls